Maybe Drew Brees Wasn't Holding Them Back (1 Viewer)

And that point is valid. His lack of arm strength hurt them in the playoffs.

But Peat getting abused up the middle isn't his fault and nobody blamed him for lack of pass protection. You're just making that up to fit your narrative.
Drew was 26-33 for 208yds 1td 1int for 90.4 qbr in that game...I'll gladly trade for that today.

Brah, don't go do partial research and quote the last 4 years...those years he had MT...outside of that he had Colston and often time none else...unless you consider David Patten, an old Joe Horn, Loose hands Henderson, and all the other journeyman receivers equivalent to what Winston had in Tampa.

This. I said we can expect the sacks to triple this year for this very reason.
Triple sacks will still probably be top 10. lol

I think McCoy has a handle on it. I think what you saw this past Sunday was a better than expected Panther's front 7 along with confusion on the OL calls and not having the best coaching on the sidelines to adjust. Thats a lot to overcome.

Triple sacks will still probably be top 10. lol

I think McCoy has a handle on it. I think what you saw this past Sunday was a better than expected Panther's front 7 along with confusion on the OL calls and not having the best coaching on the sidelines to adjust. Thats a lot to overcome.
Well that was based on research between Winston and Hill vs Brees as a Saint. Now granted Winston was with a different team so only time will tell if he is still highly sackable. Sacks are more than just poor OL play. They are also based on QB reads (OL and RB assignments) and release time...both of which Brees excelled at.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
And that point is valid. His lack of arm strength hurt them in the playoffs.

But Peat getting abused up the middle isn't his fault and nobody blamed him for lack of pass protection. You're just making that up to fit your narrative.
They definitely did blame Brees. 100 percent.

I'm almost missing the "Drew has a noodle arm" threads.

Brees had Emmanuel sanders, Michael Thomas and Jared cook his last year
You're right...forgot all about those guys...though MT was crippled, Jared Cook fumble the super bowl away...and oh where were they when drew was throwing for 5000 yards more than anyone else...what's your point?

Drew would have 25 TDs and the saints would be 10-6 this year with the saints defense at worst.

I can't recall a time where Drew was QB and the saints looked this inept. Even with his perceived lack of throwing deep.
You lineup the players Brees had last year with Winston or even Seimian and I bet you see a better output than you have this year. The offense is void of talent, Brees included

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom