Maybe its just me....(Andy Reid PC) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
....or the fact that the loss is bitter to taste.

However, in watching some of the Eagles post game report, there was nary a reference to the Saints as having played a good game or being a good football team. Maybe once or twice, and then begrudgingly. Could it be that admitting the Saints are a good team is a bitter pill for anyone to swallow?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=7688&play_clip=y

I've been a Saints fan since before I can remember (~30 years), in every loss we usually give props to the team that beat us.

Maybe its a psychological tool? If you focus on the elements you can fix its easier to take the loss?

Oh and Troy Aikman has a serious issue with the Saints. It is beginning to be so blatantly obvious that he has issue with the Saints. And its not a Dallas thing, Moose is a great announcer and very professional and objective.

Let it be a bitter pill.
In fact, I hope the victims tell all of our future opponent's coaches.

I love being underestimated. It makes the job that much easier.

Oh and Troy Aikman has a serious issue with the Saints. It is beginning to be so blatantly obvious that he has issue with the Saints. And its not a Dallas thing, Moose is a great announcer and very professional and objective.

I thought it was just me being a homer, but it always seemed like Troy just hated giving us any props, and always seemed to be more animated about whoever we were playing.

I noticed that too in Andy Reid's presser. Disrespect? Yep. Do we care? Nope. W for us? Yep.

Troy Aikman doesn't really same to hate the Saints but I can definitely tell you that he is a fan of the NFC East in general. I know it doesn't make sense but when he's calling games, he always rants and raves about the NFC East team if there happens to be one playing.

I truly believe he doesn't hate New Orleans though.

oh now get over yourselves already. A postgame PC is focused on a) why the team won or b) why the team lost. Reid gave you guys props immediately...and then went right to business to explain what we did wrong and how it needs to be corrected. At that point, YOU guys are irrelevant..no offense. The team needs to break down the issues and focus on correcting them for our next opponent.

Good God...isn't it enough that you literally ****** on your 1st 2 opponents??! And that the media will be slurping about you guys for weeks to come? I see the amount of respect your team is getting....even if you don't. Get over it and enjoy your win...and stop crying about Reid. He's got enough problems on his hands.

oh now get over yourselves already. A postgame PC is focused on a) why the team won or b) why the team lost. Reid gave you guys props immediately...and then went right to business to explain what we did wrong and how it needs to be corrected. At that point, YOU guys are irrelevant..no offense. The team needs to break down the issues and focus on correcting them for our next opponent.

Good God...isn't it enough that you literally ****** on your 1st 2 opponents??! And that the media will be slurping about you guys for weeks to come? I see the amount of respect your team is getting....even if you don't. Get over it and enjoy your win...and stop crying about Reid. He's got enough problems on his hands.

This is correct.

....or the fact that the loss is bitter to taste.

However, in watching some of the Eagles post game report, there was nary a reference to the Saints as having played a good game or being a good football team. Maybe once or twice, and then begrudgingly. Could it be that admitting the Saints are a good team is a bitter pill for anyone to swallow?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=7688&play_clip=y

I've been a Saints fan since before I can remember (~30 years), in every loss we usually give props to the team that beat us.

Maybe its a psychological tool? If you focus on the elements you can fix its easier to take the loss?

The dude got schooled today. He probably thought all week long that this was a win and he was going to expose us with those cutesy college plays and he lost 48-20 (I'm taking back those two points we gave him). That's embarrassing no matter who you are. He has already lost his QB, is under the gun to do well this year, already has fans booing him and the team, and is having a lot of personal and family problems. Add to that the fact that he is being heavily scrutinized by the signing of Vick, and he just probably forgot to thank us for handing him his fat *** today.

As for Troy, I would be willing to bet the unceremonious way we welcomed Aikman to the league with that 28-0 beating has a lot to do with his present feelings toward our team. How awesome. :ezbill:

sebastian,

tx for being a good sport; I for one do not need Reid to stroke our egos after a victory like that, over a very good opponent.

I'll be keeping an eye on you guys; the wildcat looks as if it will be incredibly electric and effective for you guys this season.

The dude got schooled today. He probably thought all week long that this was a win and he was going to expose us with those cutesy college plays and he lost 48-20 (I'm taking back those two points we gave him). That's embarrassing no matter who you are. He has already lost his QB, is under the gun to do well this year, already has fans booing him and the team, and is having a lot of personal and family problems. Add to that the fact that he is being heavily scrutinized by the signing of Vick, and he just probably forgot to thank us for handing him his fat *** today.

As for Troy, I would be willing to bet the unceremonious way we welcomed Aikman to the league with that 28-0 beating has a lot to do with his present feelings toward our team. How awesome. :ezbill:

rolleyes.gif
why do I even bother?! If you knew Reid, you'd know this is completely BS.

sebastian,

tx for being a good sport; I for one do not need Reid to stroke our egos after a victory like that, over a very good opponent.

I'll be keeping an eye on you guys; the wildcat looks as if it will be incredibly electric and effective for you guys this season.

But he did mention you guys and gave props...he just didn't spend 10 min of a 12 min PC talking about the Saints. Obviously, the Philly media doesn't care why you won...they care why their local team lost.

To me, it looked like we executed well with the wildcat plays...but now I'm wondering if it disrupted the flow of the offense on subsequent plays. Reid better think about this seriously before using it quite so much like he did today.

Well get over yourself anyway sparky...your team gets to acknowledge your accomplishments....my team needs to fix its problems.

this is a saints forum socrates

nobody cares about your teams problems here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom