Maybe Keith Rivers is the best pick.... (1 Viewer)

I think if Rivers went to the same school that DRC went to, nobody would have heard of him and he'd be lucky to get drafted in the 5th round. But no, he went to USC, the over-hyped U of all time.

I'd much rather see us take "McLovin" lol or maybe even DRC in the first, and the best LB on the board in the second. I think the draft if far far deeper with talented LB's than CB's....

With the signing of Vilma and Morgan, I still want the saints to draft 2 LB in the first 3 rds and a DL that will be starters. Why?

Because next year we are going to be right back in this same situation with LB and DL's. Vilam is in the last year of his contract and may want to test the market. The saints need to solidify these spots so they can begin to draft for other positions next year.

We do need depth and more youth at LB'er though and with speed....that's why we should take a LB in the first 3 rounds....

But if Vilma stays healthy the entire season, and is a BEAST. He is a franchise MLB, I really doubt the Saints let him even touch the market.

We need to upgrade the DT before DE...their all old at that spot.

I like Rivers more than any CB prospect in the draft, but I just don't agree it starts with a front 7 like everyone says when they have us drafting a LBer?? Where did this front 7 stuff come from. It starts in the trenches Ellis or Dorsey, even Balmer would help us there, if you aren't good in the trenches (thats front 4 not 7) and have corners that look like ours you WILL NEVER HAVE A FRONT 7 ON THE FIELD. You means to tell me teams won't spread us out, you mean to tell me we will no still get abused in the passing game. That base defense gets to have thier name flash up on the starting screen. But the offense will start in a spread and Ace against us, at least a 3 wide IMO.

Rivers is 100 times the player Mayo or Lofton is, no doubt about it. His stats are low because he plays on a stellar defense, and his team has a stellar offense, plus he is surrounded by 10 steller players. The Defense can GET OFF THE FIELD, the offense can MAINTAIN DRIVES KEEPING THE DEFENSE OFF THE FIELD. He had a first round DT, and a first round DE, a First round MLB (next year) a First round safety (in a year or 2). Rivers made every play that went his way, no if and or buts he made them all but because of the reasons above, not many plays got to him. He has it all and I think he will be a damn fine pro and he will win defensive rookie of the year (can call me out on that if i'm wrong but no one will remember).

But as a whole, we need instant CB help, only way we can get that other than drafting a CB would be to improve the pass rush by adding an elite DT. Otherwise teams will spread us out, and beat us down IMO. If i read more on MM actually coming back by the start of the season, than I change my stance 200 percent and Rivers at 10 it is. But as long as we need 2 corners (hopefully Gay, Young, David, Craft can fill the void) But I just don't have much faith in them. and Until MM is back on the field I just don't know.

On thing thats not debatable, this corner class is pretty deep and has a few nice prospects.

Talib, Jenkins, Cromartie, Cason, Flowers, Lee, Mckelvin, Smith, Wheatley so I am pretty sure thier will be a decent one in the 2nd, but thats IF MM can be ready for the opener. If not I really would like whoever the coaches decide is the best for us at 10 because I would rather the best player we can get thier, that is proven and can play right away. I would be happy with any of them, tho I have my favorites.

Rivers is an awesome player and I would love to have him if everything falls into place, and he probably will be BPA, if he falls I have seen strange things happen (and so have you). I just don;t wanna se us get played like a fiddle all next year either and I would probably go a different position if it were me picking, with no MM return in sight.

And the Rivers hype continues... :idunno:

I would rather take a QB at 10 than this guy.

I see much more hate than hype for Rivers on this board, I think the only person being really "hyped" on this board is you know who. I love it too lol, because every year we all say beware of the workout warriors, don't forget the season and what these guys do on the field, and it NEVER fails. To many people pay no attention to the season and just get into the draft hype when its the in thing and they happen to only watch the combine and couldn't pick half these guys out of a lineup of 2, but yet know so much about them all.

I like Rivers more than any CB prospect in the draft, but I just don't agree it starts with a front 7 like everyone says when they have us drafting a LBer?? Where did this front 7 stuff come from. It starts in the trenches Ellis or Dorsey, even Balmer would help us there, if you aren't good in the trenches (thats front 4 not 7) and have corners that look like ours you WILL NEVER HAVE A FRONT 7 ON THE FIELD. You means to tell me teams won't spread us out, you mean to tell me we will no still get abused in the passing game. That base defense gets to have thier name flash up on the starting screen. But the offense will start in a spread and Ace against us, at least a 3 wide IMO.

While I hear where you are coming from, if I understand what you are saying, I disagree somewhat. I do think that the MOST important part is the front 4. NO DOUBT. I hope that we get a quality DT (meaning Ellis or Dorsey) at 10. If we don't, I want Laws in the 2nd (or trade up to get him if we have to). But I also think that the front 7 is still more important than the back 4 (DBs).

I think that we will be fine to pick up Rivers in the first if we have to (if all D-lineman are gone and we can't trade back) and then pick up Laws in the second. I know that would make a lot of people on this board flip out because they think that CB should be first, and then DT and LB, but I think it would be fine. I would be fine if we pick a CB as well btw. I just prefer the front 7 be addressed first.

So! About LB? We have the choice of Rivers at 10, Mayo, Lofton or Adibi in the 2nd. If we get a LB in the 2nd, I prefer Mayo right now. It's not a rock solid thing, but that' where I am leaning right now.

If we HAVE to stay at 10 and all the D-lineman are gone, I think Rivers is the best D pick there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom