Maybe Keith Rivers is the best pick.... (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if the top 2 DT's are gone, of course. The most important part of a D, by far, is the front-7. A CB's performance is largely predicated on how well the front-7 plays, and how much pressure is applied. Love Vilma and Fujita. Morgan, well, could be great, but odds are, he won't. I am as fascinated with DRC as the next guy, McLovin' has some skills, but you need a dominant front-7. Now, I haven't watched too many USC games, as I do not like the Trojans, but every single analyst has this guy rated in their top-10. He's freaky athletic, and looks like Derrick Brooks in pads. Now, I do not know how he will turn out, as noone does. And, since my dislike for USC sometimes outweighs the more logical part of me, I have been against drafting him. But, maybe he would be the best pick in the 1st, with a CB like Cason (I don't believe he falls past the Giants though), in the 2nd.

If the top two DTs are gone, of course.

"Morgan, well, could be great, but odds are, he won't. I am as fascinated with DRC as the next guy, McLovin' has some skills, but you need a dominant front-7."

If the 2 DTs are gone, I agree, Rivers , then CB in the second. And I am in no way "fascinated" with DRC, I think he's overhyped.

As far as McLovin, I thought that was a new product from McDonalds?

ddd

That's a draft I wouldn't mind. If Dorsey and Ellis are gone, then grab Rivers at #10, then hopefully Flowers will be there in the second.

Unless Rivers pulls out a 4.4 out of his hat at his pro day I really don't see him as a Top 10 pick.

Unless Rivers pulls out a 4.4 out of his hat at his pro day I really don't see him as a Top 10 pick.

Unless he is just below an Olympic athlete, at his size, its almost impossible to run a true 4.4.

mayo with a 4.46 so not quite

and i'd rather DRC over rivers if the 2 DTs are gone but whatever

I think we are going to get a good player, we may have our favorites but I think Leodis McLovin, DRC and Rivers are going to be really good pros.

And lucky for us, if we take a corner, good linebackers will be available, and some interesting corners if we take either Rivers or Connor (who I won't discount) in the first.

The NFL treats 40-yard dash times as sacred
Mark Zeigler, STAFF WRITER // April 20, 2005

Copyright 2005 The San Diego Union-Tribune
Visit USA Track & Field

There is no official world record for 40 yards.

The shortest distance that the IAAF, track and field's international governing body, recognizes for world-record purposes is an indoor 50 meters, or about 54 yards. It is 5.56 seconds and it was set by Canadian sprinter Donovan Bailey in 1996. There is also a world record for 60 meters -- 6.39 seconds by American Maurice Greene in 1998.

But it is another Canadian, Ben Johnson, who is believed to have run 40 yards faster than any human in history. Johnson is best known for injecting copious amounts of steroids and winning the 100 meters at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul in 9.79 seconds, only to have his gold medal and world record stripped after failing a post-race drug test.

Timing officials have since broken down that famed race into 10-meter increments, and Johnson was so preposterously fast that he went through 50 meters in 5.52 seconds and 60 meters in 6.37 -- both under the current world records at those distances. He went through 40 yards that day in 4.38 seconds.

He was running in spikes . . . on a warm afternoon perfectly suited for sprinting . . . with a slight tailwind . . . with years of training from arguably track's top coach, Charlie Francis . . . with Carl Lewis and six others of the fastest men on the planet chasing him . . . with 69,000 people roaring at Seoul's Olympic Stadium . . . with hundreds of millions of people watching on TV . . . with the ultimate prize in sports, an Olympic gold medal, at stake.

And, as we learned later, with muscles built with the assistance of the anabolic steroid stanazolol.

Four-point-three-eight seconds.

Then again, maybe Ben Johnson isn't the fastest 40-yard man in the world.

Maybe half the NFL is faster.

http://www.usoc.org/11611_32384.htm

Yay for technicalities.:idunno:

Yay for the truth?

Anyways, I'm sure on someone's stopwatch, he'll run a 4.4 something, just from watching his highlights, what that has to do with how good of a football player he is, well that's just beyond me.

Can some one please explain why so many peolpe hate Keith Rivers so much? I'm not talking about this particular thread, but on other threads involving Rivers. What is there not to like about this man? I've watched the guy for the last 2 seasons, and he seems like a heck of a baller. What's with all this "The most overrated player in the draft bizz"? To me the most overrated guy in the draft is Desean Jackson.

All I see when I watch Rivers is a protype, playmaking WLB. Will's dont necessarily pile up huge tackle numbers, the just make plays. He was on a team of playmakers, and he was on of their top guys. What are the Rivers haters seeing, that I'm not. I think Keith Rivers will be good.

Unless he is just below an Olympic athlete, at his size, its almost impossible to run a true 4.4.

Marcus Howard, a 6'2 245 defensive end, ran a 4.45.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=0

From I understand (and I may very well be wrong on this), Olympic timekeepers start at the gun, so there is a slight delay between the clock starting and the runner starting. Combine timekeepers start when the runner starts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom