Maybe this is why we avoided him (1 Viewer)

Off-season chatter is all it is to me. Last year all we heard was Chase was a bust in the making and running wrong routes and couldn’t catch a fly like Miyagi etc etc then the lights came on and the rest is history. These kids have been living the high life and rightfully so as they fulfilled their dreams of becoming a nfl player. Talk to me when the lights come on.

Off-season chatter is all it is to me. Last year all we heard was Chase was a bust in the making and running wrong routes and couldn’t catch a fly like Miyagi etc etc then the lights came on and the rest is history. These kids have been living the high life and rightfully so as they fulfilled their dreams of becoming a nfl player. Talk to me when the lights come on.
I'm talking about his asthma. He couldn't make it through a 86 degree practice, imagine our humidity. I'm just speculating that maybe our staff took that into consideration. I wish him well.

It stands to reason that he’s probably out of shape, which is why he understand reformed at the combine. There is no other explanation for his combine…he’s a freak

I'm talking about his asthma. He couldn't make it through a 86 degree practice, imagine our humidity. I'm just speculating that maybe our staff took that into consideration. I wish him well.
I understand what you’re saying but it gets pretty damn hot in Arkansas as well. It’s not like his asthma came up over night and obviously has been able to contain it. Many nfl players past and present have dealt with it and sure he will be fine and he has the best doctors money can buy to help him out.

I have copd and had real bad asthma as a youth but the symptoms subsided over the years and I was just diagnosed with copd a year ago and I feel for the kid. I am surprised he has made it this long but hopefully it was just a flair up for him and it will stay under control and allow him to play.

He played at Arkansas where heat temps are higher around this time of year. He’ll be fine just a minor setback if you can call it that.

It stands to reason that he’s probably out of shape, which is why he understand reformed at the combine. There is no other explanation for his combine…he’s a freak

Which, of course, makes you question his work ethic and makes me wonder if the issue was asthma or is he just badly out of shape?

This quote from Vrable certainly makes it sound like it's a not in shape issue, not an asthma issue:

“I think it’s hard to think that they can recreate, with a trainer, how we do things, and we see that with guys that have come back and started with our offseason program and guys that have joined a few weeks in. It’s just different,” head coach Mike Vrabel said, in post-practice media availability. “I know that they’re working, and they think they are trying to get in shape, but that’s just not the case. That’s something we have to focus on and try to make sure we’re getting some work in, but with all of them, we’re trying to be as smart as we possibly can.”

Last edited:
Brett Kollmann mentioned his conditioning or work ethic woes.

Curious if this becomes debilitating or early troubles he recovers from.

He did it in the SEC, I can't knock the kid. He's been among the best since high school, I'm not betting against him.

I'm not betting against him and he can turn it around. But, I can understand why he was a late 1st on some boards and why there are questions about his work ethic. It appears he needs to commit himself more and learn that this is now his job.

I'm not betting against him and he can turn it around. But, I can understand why he was a late 1st on some boards and why there are questions about his work ethic. It appears he needs to commit himself more and learn that this is now his job.
I get that but not everyone is a gym rat. I get the concerns but when people talk about him like he's a scrub that's crazy.

Still taking this dude #1 in my fantasy leagues.

Vrabel also comes from the CBB coaching tree playing that tough guy role that hasn't worked for anyone except CBB and him. Let the guy get used to being in a new place before throwing him under a bus. My wife has asthma and when I was active duty and we moved around a lot, it affected her differently everywhere we lived even places that were relatively close in climate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom