Maybe we are too critical (1 Viewer)

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I mean... injury wise it looks a little worse than 2021.. while SP was dealing with QB issues that were larger.. the lines were much worse in 2022 both sides.

So what was it 2 game difference?
An if Saints had something to really play for such as a playoff spot I honestly believe saints beat Carolina.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_055634_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_055634_Chrome.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230129_055706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_055706_Chrome.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 19
You watched the games right? You saw the coaching decisions he made. No we are not being too critical. The final game of the season at lost to a QB who threw for 43 yards.

With the oldest roster in the NFL.
Let's see
Starting LT would've been a beast if not injured out the gates
Peat no heart wouldn't have mattered anyway
Lost starting Center for a large chunk of games and most teams historically have fallen off with a Center injury midway through or end of season
Calvin Throckmorton ????
Ryan Ramzyk had a down year for him but still is the only real consistent thing on the oline.

Dline
Onyemata not the same since the enhancement suspension
Granderson is serviceable but not great
Cameron Jordan is a Iron man
Malcolm Roach is on again off again.

We need fresh beasts on the lines.
Grandpa Ingram wasn't doing much
We grabbed David Johnson.. I use to get him in fantasy football when that was invented
Then you have Alvin who had small flashes here and there but ultimately was a running back that's lost all of his quick evasive actions... but for one game.. it's more mental on him.

I mean... injury wise it looks a little worse than 2021.. while SP was dealing with QB issues that were larger.. the lines were much worse in 2022 both sides.

So what was it 2 game difference?
An if Saints had something to really play for such as a playoff spot I honestly believe saints beat Carolina.

That's where I'm at too with one exception. The offense didn't make the best use of the weapons they had in Kamara and Hill. Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't. The question is why and what are they going to do about it?

Most just want DA and or PC fired. And, that's a valid point unless they have a good offseason plan to resolve the issues they had last season. And, I don't think it's totally unreasonable that they do that. But, I'm not sure I have a warm fuzzy about it either.

But, a lot of the things the Saints didn't do well this past season are fixable. The question is will they, or will they keep doing what they're doing? I do like the coaching changes DA made in his first year. That shows that he's not afraid to make difficult decisions. That's encouraging. I didn't like his decisions this year so far, and that's discouraging so I'm still on the fence but hopeful.

100% too critical. This team was destroyed with injuries. When SP was here everyone complained about play calling too and he’s one of the best coaches in the league. This a complaint forum.

And things people complain about…jameis stunk it up as a saint and everyone has his back saying he was done wrong lol. He wasn’t good before the injury. I was really hoping he worked out but it didn’t.

You watched the games right? You saw the coaching decisions he made. No we are not being too critical. The final game of the season at lost to a QB who threw for 43 yards.

The Saints also had a kicker who couldn't make a field goal to save his life. Yes, the offense sucked. The defense didn't. It's not unreasonable that the Saints can get better on offense.

DA has the opposite problem that Payton had when he started. Payton had a good offense and a bad defense. Now it's the opposite. But, if the Saints can improve on offense and still play solid defense, that could turn into a pretty good team. Maybe PC is DA's Gibbs? I think it's too early to tell.

I’m not a fan of DA or PC but it’s a lot of complaining when we have them on contract next year. I hope we make the playoffs and win the division. I don’t care if that gives Allen more time, as boring as he is. I want to win. Let’s see what we have next season and hope for the best!

That's where I'm at too with one exception. The offense didn't make the best use of the weapons they had in Kamara and Hill. Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't. The question is why and what are they going to do about it?

Most just want DA and or PC fired. And, that's a valid point unless they have a good offseason plan to resolve the issues they had last season. And, I don't think it's totally unreasonable that they do that. But, I'm not sure I have a warm fuzzy about it either.

But, a lot of the things the Saints didn't do well this past season are fixable. The question is will they, or will they keep doing what they're doing? I do like the coaching changes DA made in his first year. That shows that he's not afraid to make difficult decisions. That's encouraging. I didn't like his decisions this year so far, and that's discouraging so I'm still on the fence but hopeful.
I semiagree with you. I’m pretty meh about Allen and Carmichael but it’s not because of the Saints misfortunes and believe that things are fixable.

The OL is injury prone and underachieving…but that’s not easily fixed. They will be stuck with the same OL again next year. One of our few possible improvements, Penning, looks well on his way to having an injury plagued career.

We still don’t have a QB…we have few ways to upgrade without money or draft resources.

Both Kamara and Hill are aging. There is a good chance both are on the tail ends of their career. Kamara is also facing suspension.

I personally don’t see how many of that is easily modified. I think the Saints will be bad next year unless they get a miracle haul for Payton, which is looking less likely by the day

DA deserves his share of the criticism but there's plenty to go around. There have been some strange decisions made since SP left starting with the hiring of DA. That's the one decision that I can't blame DA for because the man didn't name himself head coach, but that was just the first strange decision made last offseason. I want to know who was responsible for the Watson pursuit, the CGJ trade, the random draft trades, not picking up a viable RB, etc. I know SP used to call the shots but how does it work now? Surely Loomis didn't give DA that kind of control right out the gate. Right?

If DA was responsible for the product on the field and he was the driving force behind the debacles this offseason, then we're probably not being critical enough.

Too critical?

We were hardly ever prepared and never adjusted to anything taking place in game.

We watched this coaching staff blow two games. 1) the saints had a little more than a 95% chance to win late in the 4th against the Bengals and 2) we were what, a 98% chance to win against TB and blew it.

This coaching staff was completely incompetent from the top down. We weren’t critical enough.

Now that Denver’s coach was fired, he may be the worst head coach in the entire NFL. Definitely can make a strong case

You can fix a lot of things but you Can't Fix Stupid! (As in play calling)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom