Maybe we are too critical (1 Viewer)

Well, so far this offseason, very few changes have been made. That tells me that Loomis / Benson / DA have not shown a sense of urgency in needing to make significant changes in 2023 despite fan base outcry. To me that means one of two things:

1) They are truly delusional and simply think that better luck with injuries and maybe a few better bounces of the ball and the Saints would be right back in playoff contention. Loomis again trades aways picks, squanders anything he might receive in Payton compensation (if that happens at all) for a "win now" mentality - going all in with DA.

2) Loomis knows this a mess. Keeps DA on a short leash, makes no long term commitments or mortgaging into the future. Might go bargain hunting for a bridge quarterback to sell fans on something. Rides it out another year while trying to clean the cap mess and, if DA can somehow manage to turn it around without much draft or FA help in 2023, then he gets a reprieve. Otherwise, setting the table for a new start, good draft capital, better cap situation, etc. in 2024.

Last edited:
With the oldest roster in the NFL.
Let's see
Starting LT would've been a beast if not injured out the gates
Peat no heart wouldn't have mattered anyway
Lost starting Center for a large chunk of games and most teams historically have fallen off with a Center injury midway through or end of season
Calvin Throckmorton ????
Ryan Ramzyk had a down year for him but still is the only real consistent thing on the oline.

Dline
Onyemata not the same since the enhancement suspension
Granderson is serviceable but not great
Cameron Jordan is a Iron man
Malcolm Roach is on again off again.

We need fresh beasts on the lines.
Grandpa Ingram wasn't doing much
We grabbed David Johnson.. I use to get him in fantasy football when that was invented
Then you have Alvin who had small flashes here and there but ultimately was a running back that's lost all of his quick evasive actions... but for one game.. it's more mental on him.
What makes you think the injury situation is going to be any better next year? It's been out of whack for years with no improvement. The team hired a new strength and conditioning coach; injuries got worse. So are injuries going to continue to be a valid excuse if the team has another losing season next year? A get out of jail free card for DA?

The Saints were just boring this year
There was definitely more excitement when the defense was on the field, but that excitement left once you realized the offense was about to get the ball back, and you should not feel that way watching your favorite football team...or football in general.

Last edited:
There was definitely more excitement when the defense was on the field, but that excitement left once you realized the offense was about to get the ball back, and you should not feel that way watching you favorite football team...or football in general.
Our offense was stale and predictable as all hell. I can call a 3 and out sequence that occurred more times than I cared to see.

1st down: 3 yard out
2nd down: 1 yard run up the gut
3rd and 6: 2 yard crosser to TE
4th and 4: punt

But hey...Dalton completed 100% of his passes there! That's top 3 in efficiency!

I think we might use anger as entertainment too readily
If an answer is not immediately available- or it’s too nuanced- or even if we don’t like it
We go right to anger
And not even bemusingly irked, but full throated, vein popping vituperation
Like we posit a mediocre football team is some moral transgression and those responsible for the immoral results should face purging punishments

(Maybe I’m slightly exaggerating some stuff at the end but only slightly and for most of us)

bruh....you gonna need to start posting w/ link to thesaurus

;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom