Maybe we SHOULD have traded all those picks away for Burrow (1 Viewer)

An elite QB isn't everything you need to win a SB, but if you don't have one, you don't have a chance.

There have been teams that won SB's without an elite QB, (Bears, Ravens), but they had all-time great defenses.

Do whatever you have to do to get one, or draft one.

Well, they weren't trying to go deep every play. The Titans were playing pretty smart defensively. They were covering the short stuff, and Burrow rarely had time to go to a second, much less third read.

That said, the OL seemed like they didn't know their protections because guys were getting through completely unblocked.

This has been happening for much of the year. Burrow was the most sacked/hit QB in the NFL in 2021....

Joe Burrow did not get them there, the Bengals hired a good coach who put together a good staff and had a clear vision and the players executed it.

Incorrect, both things can be true. The Bengals don't get as far with that offensive line without stellar QBing.....

Joe Burrow did not get them there, the Bengals hired a good coach who put together a good staff and had a clear vision and the players executed it.

The coach got them there by drafting Joe, Chase, and signing some great FAs.

But, no way they get this far without Joe.

Burrow has the look of being the next great generational QB. His worth is off the charts. If Joe stays healthy and they manage the talent around him responsibly, the Bengals will be serious contenders for years to come.

The simplest way I can explain why Burrow is important is just look at the Titans. They had home field advantage, a week to rest and heal, they have Julio Jones, AJ Brown, and Derek Henry. They have one of the nastiest defensive lines in the league. And they lost. They got nine sacks and lost. Because the other QB was just better than theirs. The other QB made plays and theirs didn't. Burrow's first time in the playoffs and he stands tall and unshaken despite being sacked nine times. The Titans played like a team trying to hide their QB, while the Bengals featured theirs. When people talk about "it" factor and intangibles, today's Bengals vs Titans game was quite literally the text book example of what they are talking about.
To be fair, Tannehil did not play all that bad and he did make some amazing throws. That last INT is in not on him. Hit your receiver and he volleyball's it to a waiting defender. It was just one of those weird things that happen in a sport that uses a funny shaped ball. There were 2 other INTs, but I don't really remember them.

Will agree with the "IT" factor being a thing. We've seen it in this sport too many times to dismiss its existence. Joe has it and so do many of his weapons. (His OL has a completely different "IT" factor. One that has two more letters in front of it)

If I were a Titan's fan, I'd chalk this loss up partly to bad luck in a close game, but I'd also put a lot of the blame on the game plan. It looked to me that the Titans came into this game expecting Henry to immediately pick up where he left off before having a plate and 5 screws put in his foot a couple months ago. They needed him to have one of his King Henry 200 yard multiple score games. When that didn't happen, Tennessee found themselves in a tight game to the end. And we all know that those can easily go either way no matter who your QB is. In the end, it was a very odd bounce, a very nice throw, and one heck of a kick that decided the game.

All the ways to say you hate Joe Burrow without saying you hate Joe Burrow are in this thread.

And with that he'll still stand in the pocket after you sack him 9 times to drop a dime putting his team in the position to kick a game winning field goal knocking off the #1 seed.

Or he'll drop a dime on a 3rd and 27 in week 16 putting his team in position to win and upset the then #1 seed in the AFC.

Or he'll throw for over 400 on a vaunted defense with only 1 injury only to have you talk shirt for the rematch and he drops 525 yards on you leading to your firing for being a dink, wink.

Keeping hating and he'll keep smoking those victory cigars.

To be fair, Tannehil did not play all that bad and he did make some amazing throws. That last INT is in not on him. Hit your receiver and he volleyball's it to a waiting defender. It was just one of those weird things that happen in a sport that uses a funny shaped ball. There were 2 other INTs, but I don't really remember them.

Will agree with the "IT" factor being a thing. We've seen it in this sport too many times to dismiss its existence. Joe has it and so do many of his weapons. (His OL has a completely different "IT" factor. One that has two more letters in front of it)

If I were a Titan's fan, I'd chalk this loss up partly to bad luck in a close game, but I'd also put a lot of the blame on the game plan. It looked to me that the Titans came into this game expecting Henry to immediately pick up where he left off before having a plate and 5 screws put in his foot a couple months ago. They needed him to have one of his King Henry 200 yard multiple score games. When that didn't happen, Tennessee found themselves in a tight game to the end. And we all know that those can easily go either way no matter who your QB is. In the end, it was a very odd bounce, a very nice throw, and one heck of a kick that decided the game.
The failed 2 point conversion and failed 4th down attempt really hurt the Titans. That's on the coach there. You can't do that in the playoffs against good to great defenses.

Burrow has the look of being the next great generational QB. His worth is off the charts. If Joe stays healthy and they manage the talent around him responsibly, the Bengals will be serious contenders for years to come.
If I owned the Bengals, I would call the GM and coach in and tell them job 1 is to protect Burrow. No half-measures, get the best OL possible even if they have to skimp somewhere else. Also work with Burrow in the pocket, more throwaways, and sliding on runs.

The simplest way I can explain why Burrow is important is just look at the Titans. They had home field advantage, a week to rest and heal, they have Julio Jones, AJ Brown, and Derek Henry. They have one of the nastiest defensive lines in the league. And they lost. They got nine sacks and lost. Because the other QB was just better than theirs. The other QB made plays and theirs didn't. Burrow's first time in the playoffs and he stands tall and unshaken despite being sacked nine times. The Titans played like a team trying to hide their QB, while the Bengals featured theirs. When people talk about "it" factor and intangibles, today's Bengals vs Titans game was quite literally the text book example of what they are talking about.
And AJ Brown was the only one on the team who played like he just didn't come off IR. I know most are going to be all about Burrow here because of LSU but Chase was the biggest difference to the offense. Last year, the squad was nearly identical, outside of WR1. Chase comes in and makes an immediate impact. People are so protective of Burrow that they don't see how Chase opened up the offense. People can give me a clown all day (which I brush off if you don't have anything to negate what I said) but Chase is the X-factor for the Bengals. If A.J. Green was still on that squad, they would be looking similar to last season. I'm trying to understand why people are getting offended by this. Burrow is not a scrub by any means and I never once alluded to this (comparing him to Tannehill is not the way). Chase is just the difference maker from this season to last.

I know most are going to be all about Burrow here because of LSU but Chase was the biggest difference to the offense.
Burrow is a great young QB regardless of where he went to school. If you can't see that, open your eyes. BTW, Chase went to LSU too, so if Burrow has the stench of LSU on him, then so does Chase.

I'm glad Kamara, Cam, Davenport, Lattimore, and CJ didn't go to LSU because I don't want to hear whining when I root for them.

Burrow is a great young QB regardless of where he went to school. If you can't see that, open your eyes. BTW, Chase went to LSU too, so if Burrow has the stench of LSU on him, then so does Chase.

I'm glad Kamara, Cam, Davenport, Lattimore, and CJ didn't go to LSU because I don't want to hear whining when I root for them.
Anyone from LSU has a stench on them (War Eagle) but I don't hold that against them once they come into the league..lol.
Burrow has a good future ahead of him but Chase was the difference maker on offense this season. If you didn't or can't see that, your eyes may need to be opened as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom