Mayock breaks down Bush TD (1 Viewer)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but no one ever gets the reverse/double-reverse/end-around things correctly. This was simply a reverse, off an end-around. A double reverse would have been the back pitching to Colston, then pitching to Bush.

And people call plays reverses all the time when they are just end-arounds.

Semantics, I know. Even NFL.com does it.

And yeah, who cares. Not me, I enjoyed the video. Thanks.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
man, all of the things that needed to happen on that play for it to work makes it even more impressive.

Boudro

I'm so not a raper.
Reaction score
Looks like Reggie kinda bobbled the handoff a little bit. Great job by him to get it in and get the score.

GoldRush26

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Great analysis. Had no idea there were so many things that had to happen for that to work.

james_k_p

The HD Candy Man!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome breakdown. Shows how well coached we are. But Reggie does look to bobble that hand off a little, shades of previous years. But it worked, so all cool!

Boudro

I'm so not a raper.
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but no one ever gets the reverse/double-reverse/end-around things correctly. This was simply a reverse, off an end-around. A double reverse would have been the back pitching to Colston, then pitching to Bush.

This. I was gonna say the same thing. They always get it wrong.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think a huge part of it is that no one ever calls WRs Split Ends or Flankers. They still say slot receiver, but even use that when the guy is flanked out. So, since they don't call them ends they don't like to say "end around". No one ever runs a double reverse, but I'd love for Payton to call it just once in a meaningless game to see if Joe Schmuck would call it a triple or quadruple reverse.

OP
saints2k8

saints2k8

SR is my life!
Reaction score

even Payton called it a double reverse.. :ezbill:

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
Why doesn't Colston just hand off the football - why does it have to be a pitch? The WR's always seem out of their element on timing when pitching on that play.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty global now, even though it doesn't make much sense. The one that's most ridiculous is the "reverse" with one hand-off going one way -- um reverse because you expect it to lose yards when sniffed out?

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
Reaction score
Miami defenders were still trying to figure out who had the ball as bush was leaping over the top. Excellent design by Payton. I wouldnt mind seeing him bring this out when we need a quick strike backed up in our own territory.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why doesn't Colston just hand off the football - why does it have to be a pitch? The WR's always seem out of their element on timing when pitching on that play.
The usual reason is that RBs in theory practice receiving pitches normally, and getting the timing right of sticking your hands in to hand it off is considered to be more difficult for a non-QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom