Mayock: Dion Jordan can be next Aldon Smith (1 Viewer)

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Mayock: Dion Jordan can be next Aldon Smith + Ezekiel Ansah

Dion Jordan - College Player - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

"He's two years away from being an Aldon Smith-type player," Mayock said of Jordan. "He’d be a situational pass rusher year one." Smith was a situational pass rusher in his first NFL season, as well. An athletic freak at 6-foot-7, 230, Jordan is Mayock's top-rated outside linebacker prospect for the 2013 draft.

----------------------------------------------------

Another tidbit on another player who we could draft.

Y! SPORTS

Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player
Former NFL GM and current Senior Bowl director Phil Savage suggested that BYU DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah" could be an NFL answer for athletic, read-option quarterbacks.

Ansah has an 82-plus-inch wingspan at 6-foot-5, 274, and is considered the best "in pursuit" player in the 2013 draft class. "Teams are so desperate to adjust what they're doing for all these read-option quarterbacks," said Savage. "You're going to need guys on the defensive line who can chase those guys down. Ansah is that guy." We like Ansah's chances of being a top-ten pick.

I hope when we draft at 15 Jordan Ansah and Vacarro are not gone.

Interesting, Im still not sure he'd be an Aldon Smith type of player. Then again, we've seen that Aldon has struggled when not getting help from the other Smith, so it might depend on how he is utilized.

I loved what I saw from Jordon on tape. He just doesnt come off as physical as I would like.

I think Mayock is going on untapped potential. That 6'7 230, can easily be trained into 250-270. I'm not the biggest fan of Jordan, but hey, if he's our guy...he'll be our guy.

I agree with Mayock! Jordan's speed and quickness, and his fluidity on the field just makes you salivate. Jordan or rather Willie McGinnest hinted that he is now closer to 250 during his appearance on NFL Network the other day. I think if he can get up to 260-265 with compromising his quickness, he will be a force!

I do think he will have to learn how to better utilize his hands and also will need to augment his repertoire of moves and counter moves. But his ability in coverage and his ability to fly off the edge will make him a nightmare for offensive coordinators to gameplan against each week. If we are fortunate to land Dion, our defense will benefit and will turnaround.

I am always amazed at some of the players that get all the press, and I just don't see it on tape, to me , once an offensive lineman touches him, the play for him goes nowhere.

I am always amazed at some of the players that get all the press, and I just don't see it on tape, to me , once an offensive lineman touches him, the play for him goes nowhere.

Pretty much what I saw too. Never saw him beat a guy with power once. Can he eventually? Probably so...but its all projection at this point. But the speed and athleticism, football smarts and motor is there without a doubt.

Danneaux, he played at 230 last season just as Mingo did. Mingo is up to 245, Jordan is up around 250.

Pretty much what I saw too. Never saw him beat a guy with power once. Can he eventually? Probably so...but its all projection at this point. But the speed and athleticism, football smarts and motor is there without a doubt.

Beating a guy with power is all about hand placement, and about getting a good punch at the point of attack--not simply about overpowering your opponent. Both things can be taught and will be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom