Mayock: Dion Jordan can be next Aldon Smith (1 Viewer)

Another tidbit on another player who we could draft.

Y! SPORTS

Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player
Former NFL GM and current Senior Bowl director Phil Savage suggested that BYU DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah" could be an NFL answer for athletic, read-option quarterbacks.

Ansah has an 82-plus-inch wingspan at 6-foot-5, 274, and is considered the best "in pursuit" player in the 2013 draft class. "Teams are so desperate to adjust what they're doing for all these read-option quarterbacks," said Savage. "You're going to need guys on the defensive line who can chase those guys down. Ansah is that guy." We like Ansah's chances of being a top-ten pick.

I hope when we draft at 15 Jordan Ansah and Vacarro are not gone.

Another tidbit on another player who we could draft.

Y! SPORTS

Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player
Former NFL GM and current Senior Bowl director Phil Savage suggested that BYU DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah" could be an NFL answer for athletic, read-option quarterbacks.

Ansah has an 82-plus-inch wingspan at 6-foot-5, 274, and is considered the best "in pursuit" player in the 2013 draft class. "Teams are so desperate to adjust what they're doing for all these read-option quarterbacks," said Savage. "You're going to need guys on the defensive line who can chase those guys down. Ansah is that guy." We like Ansah's chances of being a top-ten pick.

He definetly can pursue. Dude covers a lot of ground for a man his size. His thing will be just experience. I've seen his tape where the QB fakes to the fullback or the RB, and Ansah literally is blowing up the RB while the QB or RB goes flying around the corner. He bites hard on play action and read option fakes sometimes. But I've also seen him literally walk down fast RB's. Ridiculous.

Mayock not a big fan of Mingo. Says he is a late first, early second pick. Developmental. Likes Montgomery better.

He definetly can pursue. Dude covers a lot of ground for a man his size. His thing will be just experience. I've seen his tape where the QB fakes to the fullback or the RB, and Ansah literally is blowing up the RB while the QB or RB goes flying around the corner. He bites hard on play action and read option fakes sometimes. But I've also seen him literally walk down fast RB's. Ridiculous.

Interesting..

Ansah is viewed much like Pierre-Paul in 2010, a mid-first round pick (Pierre went No. 15 overall to the New York Giants)

Interesting..

Yeah, thats been the comparison so far. JPP was raw but not quite as raw as Ansah. Ansah is extremely raw. Only really 1 year PLAYING football, although was on the team for 3 years.

The big difference IMO between him and JPP is the flexibility. JPP is gumby like. Dude can contort his body int all kinds of ways, plus he a tad bit more explosive off the snap. Ansah is a little stiffer but powerful at the POA. I also think he will be better vs the run than JPP was initially.

I think Jordan would be the perfect SAM in the 3-4 with his ability to cover and rush the passer he has the perfect size and speed to be able to lock down a TE. Jordan and Graham would be fun to watch during TC

I bet every single player in the draft is compared to a pro bowl player by at least one "expert". The only problem is only about a dozen players in the whole draft will go on to be great players.

If he doesn't show up at the combine @250+ I can't see him going top 10. He will just get smashed in the run game, against Stanford the FB was beating his top in, imagine what a 330lb pulling guard will do to him.

Jordan n Ogletree should b the best cover LBs to come outta this draft. They both have insane pass rush potential too. There's a good chance that both will b available when we pick...Ogletree especially after the DUI. I hope we come outta this draft with 1 of em n I'd still draft Ogletree at 15 if by chance Jordan is off the board

Jordan n Ogletree should b the best cover LBs to come outta this draft. They both have insane pass rush potential too. There's a good chance that both will b available when we pick...Ogletree especially after the DUI. I hope we come outta this draft with 1 of em n I'd still draft Ogletree at 15 if by chance Jordan is off the board

Dont see Ogletree as a pass rusher

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mayock must know Jordan is very powerful with good explosion, because that's what makes Smith so effective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom