Mayock's top 10 on NFL.com (1 Viewer)

Mayock doesn't like Mcfadden because of his lower body strength, skinny legs don't make it in the NFL. DRC showed 1 All-star game, and a combine, If this guys is lights out, why didn't he transfer after a year or 2 at T. St. Wouldn't coaches be banging down his door to get him ? Can SOMEONE Answer that question ?

BTW....I HATE Workout Warriors, Give me a PLAYER....

Last edited:
I dont have a dog in this fight, However -- if you think that DMC runs over people you have not watched considerable film on him. It is that simple. Say what you want -- but he DOES GO DOWN with first contact! That is factual based on what happened on the field.

Is he a great talent? Absolutely! However you should now give him credit for things that are not true. Does he have incredible speed? Yes, some of the best I have seen. But if you touch him he goes down. There is the occasional run where he may bounce off of someone -- but 9x's out of 10 he is going down on first contact.

That does not make him a bad prospect though -- he has incredible potential. But the question remains -- Is that the kind of runner we need? Dont ask yourself if we need DMC -- his hype may make you see something that is not there. Rather ask, "IS THAT THE KIND OF RUNNER WE NEED?" -- one who goes down on first contact but has amazing speed, or one that can truly run over someone and get us those 3 and 4 yards when we have to have them and can pound it up the middle all day. -- DMC is not that guy -- BASED on HIS TAPE. go watch the film again -- not youtube highlights.

I've heard the various (reputable) commentators on Sirius describe McFadden's downside as that he does go down on first contact, vs. AP who runs people over.

I've heard the various (reputable) commentators on Sirius describe McFadden's downside as that he does go down on first contact, vs. AP who runs people over.

It is a fact -- I just watched 2 you tube videos -- none of his highlights had any real contact.

Mayock is all over Matt Ryan's nuts. It's cause he's also a Boston college grad.

no he's not. I don't think mcfadden is top 10 either.
i watched him "tear up" lsu this past year. all his yards were on long runs. he didn't fight for 1 yard. i'd bet that he didn't break one tackle. the first time he touched the ball (opening kickoff) he fumbled. next time he touched it (2nd kickoff after lsu scored on his first fumble), he fumbled and wasn't even hit! i was not impressed with his running that day. sure, everyone is impressed with his speed, but he's not a tough runner. everyone looks at his total yardage that day, but don't factor in all his yards were on long runs.

This seems to say more about LSU's defense than it does McFadden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom