Mayock's top 10 on NFL.com (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So mayock's an analyst, so i'm sure he know's what he's doing but what's everyone think of his top 10 posted on nfl.com? no Keith Rivers no Darren McFadden? and us taking DRC with the 10th (says he's the most talented defensive back in the draft, but has him going after Leodis Mckelvin his top corner. ***?)

1. Matt Ryan - Miami
2. Jake Long - St Louis
3. Glenn Dorsey - Atlanta
4. Vernon Gholston - Oakland
5. Jeff Otah - Kansas City
6. Chris Long - Jets
7. Derrek Harvey - New England
8. Leodis Mckelvin - Baltimore
9. Sedrick Ellis - Cincinatti
10. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Saints

i can't believe that Keith Rivers is still there or does the Dan Morgan signing take us out of the running? and if we follow our best avaiable option why would we pass on McFadden?

One thing I can maybe say about Mcfadden vs DRC is that Mcfadden is maybe a once in a year player. He's not a once in a lifetime or once in a decade type back. DRC, however, is potentially a once in a decade CB from what we've been told on this forum.

Rivers isn't even really promising enough to call him a once in a year type of linebacker. In a "good" year for linebackers, he may not even go in the first round.

look i'd be happy with any player we take that will improved our defense (i'd be very happy with DRC). but for months nand now ow i've been hearing that McFadden was the top talent pick in the draft and after an impressive combine Mayock's not got him in the top 10. i don't get it? am i missing something?

This McFadden stuff is nonsense. I'll really be astounded if he's not taken early in the top 10.

One thing I can maybe say about Mcfadden vs DRC is that Mcfadden is maybe a once in a year player. He's not a once in a lifetime or once in a decade type back. DRC, however, is potentially a once in a decade CB from what we've been told on this forum.

Rivers isn't even really promising enough to call him a once in a year type of linebacker. In a "good" year for linebackers, he may not even go in the first round.

:plus-un2: '08 is a CB year and linemen,'09 is a LB year and linemen. i would like to see how things work out with the FA acquisitions and if it does we may have the luxury of moving up in the draft in 09, we sure as hell won't be picking #10 next year. JMHO

Mayock really dislikes McFadden for some reason. I think he ranks him as the 15th best overall talent? He might be a good analyst, but his college player rankings are just the worst.

Mayock might be the only person on the planet that thinks McFadden is not a top 10 talent. I don't get it...

:shrug:

I was wondering the other day how he keeps his job with some of the stuff I've heard from him lately. I will definitely NOT be watching the draft on NFL network this year. Sticking to ESPN, cause at least I’m used to their foolishness.

i was more confused about the comment DRC is the most talented defensive back in the draft, but has him going after Leodis Mckelvin who is his top corner prospect. isn't that a contradiction?

Cromarti is a good CB, maybe even worth a #10 pick, but he is not a once in a decade type CB. If he was, he would be a consensus top 5 pick and he isn't even the consensus #1 CB in this draft. Heck, given the premium on great CBs in the NFL, he might even be a consensus #1 pick if he was a once in a decade type CB.

The ironic thing to me about McFadden is the media raising the character flag on him. True the issues about the bars should make me want to verifiy his responses about them. But the issues about his out-of-wedlock children is so hypocritical. Not to speak on the right or wrong of it, but doesn't Mr. Wonderful, Tom Brady, fall in that same catagory?

i was more confused about the comment DRC is the most talented defensive back in the draft, but has him going after Leodis Mckelvin who is his top corner prospect. isn't that a contradiction?

No. Front offices aren't infallible and don't always (sometimes never) pick the most talented player available. "Most talented" also doesn't mean "most NFL-ready". He could be meaning DRC has a higher ceiling and more potential.

The ironic thing to me about McFadden is the media raising the character flag on him. True the issues about the bars should make me want to verifiy his responses about them. But the issues about his out-of-wedlock children is so hypocritical. Not to speak on the right or wrong of it, but doesn't Mr. Wonderful, Tom Brady, fall in that same catagory?

Don't forget Warren Sapp - he's only got about 8 babies to 8 different baby mommas. He turned out to be a just fine football player, no?

Your comment about Brady is spot on.

That being said, if McFadden is there at 10, we've got to call the Cowboys and take advantage of the Jerry Jones man-crush on McFadden.

So mayock's an analyst, so i'm sure he know's what he's doing but what's everyone think of his top 10 posted on nfl.com?

1. Matt Ryan - Miami
2. Jake Long - St Louis
3. Glenn Dorsey - Atlanta
4. Vernon Gholston - Oakland
5. Jeff Otah - Kansas City
6. Chris Long - Jets
7. Derrek Harvey - New England
8. Leodis Mckelvin - Baltimore
9. Sedrick Ellis - Cincinatti
10. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Saints
I like this a lot. As I have said earlier McFadden should not be a top 10 pick - but he most likely will be so both Mayock and I will be wrong. 2 CB's in the top 10 is aggressive though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom