Mayock's top ten as of yesterday (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1) Matt Ryan, QB
2) Sedrick Ellis, DT
3) Chris Long, DE
4) Glenn Dorsey, DT
5) Vernon Gholston, DE
6) Jake Long, OT
7) Ryan Clady, OT
8) Keith Rivers, LB
9) Philip Merling, DE
10) Leodis McKelvin, CB

We know Mayock likes to break the mold on his judgements (and I respect that) but this is as high as I have seen Clady, Merling and McKelvin.

Yesterday he said he can see both Gholston and Chis Long as linebackers in a 3-4 formation. I agree with Gholston (I think he can play LB in a 4-3 even) but not sure on Long. According to him, Merling is the best run stopper of the defensive ends.

He says McFadden is not a top 20 pick. Hmm...

No McFadden in top 10.... not top 20.... are you kidding.

If McFadden is there at 10, Jerry Jones will be chewing our arm to get him...and I'd be superduper happy with letting him!

No way the saints FO thinks McKelvin is more valuable than the 2 firsts we'd get from Jerry, where we could pick 2 of the corner/lb/dt needs we have

Am i the only one that does not get the fascination with Matt Ryan? Does anyone think that he is a franchise kind of quarterback?

I didnt really take his top 10 seriously, I think he was being different for the sake of being different....but its his opinon and he is paid to give it so.......

I really had hoped Sedrick Ellis would fall to us, or at least close enough to move up a couple of spots. This looks like a pipe dream now. Trading down for a LB and a CB both sounds like a great idea.

I wonder if the Saints wouldn't give Dan Morgan a shot? He was cut from Carolina today. I know he has injury problems, but his skills and character are not in question. For the league minimum, or a little above, he might be worth a shot. That signing would give the Saints a bit more room in the draft to play with.

Mayock always is looking for the "shock factor" so that he can say he was the one who said player X would be a star. I do not put much stock in his lists. Long a LB? What?

I can see Clady definitely going top 10. In fact, I truly believe and, may have mentioned it in the past, that the Chiefs might look to take him if Jake Long is off the board.

I really had hoped Sedrick Ellis would fall to us, or at least close enough to move up a couple of spots. This looks like a pipe dream now. Trading down for a LB and a CB both sounds like a great idea.

I wonder if the Saints wouldn't give Dan Morgan a shot? He was cut from Carolina today. I know he has injury problems, but his skills and character are not in question. For the league minimum, or a little above, he might be worth a shot. That signing would give the Saints a bit more room in the draft to play with.

Dan Morgan has been concussed more than Eric Lindros.

No McFadden in top 10.... not top 20.... are you kidding.

In all fairness, he did say that he has just started watching tapes on the juniors. He is basing this on only having watched 3 game tapes of McFadden. I would assume this will change when he watches more tape and workouts start.

Am i the only one that does not get the fascination with Matt Ryan? Does anyone think that he is a franchise kind of quarterback?

True. I got the same impression when he had to play legit teams. His talent took a hit in those games. Maybe some good coaching can take care of that, but I really don't see him being THAT good. I've been wrong before though.:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom