Mayock's top ten as of yesterday (1 Viewer)

The only guys worth the 10 pick on the list are going to be gone by the time that we draft so it may be best to move on down.

Rivers and McKelvin scare me as of right now.

McFadden is not even his first RB in another article.

I have heard other analysts question McFadden's potential at the NFL level along with Mayock.

The guy looks like a player to me...:dunno:

I saw this piece on total Access yesterday... he's going to break down the RBs today, so we'll see why he feels this way about DMC. The host (can't remember who) mentioned that there was no McFadden in the top 10, and Mayock says that he's watched tape on DMC, and nothing really jumps out at him... I wonder what tape he watched...

tall RB's with an upright running style will always be questioned as far as their ability to play at the next level. But Dickerson, Roger Craig, and Robert Smith are a few who have had success running up-right.

if Mcfadden is there at 10 we will be on the clock for all of 2 seconds before we are calling Jerry Jones......

and personally, i don't know what this dude is talkin about, i dare anyone in here who watched Mcfadden play in college to say that the kid isn't a stud... he sure made my LSU defense look like rookies out there this year.... he's a stud, his knocks might be that he has lil legs and he runs way too upright....

Last edited:
Am i the only one that does not get the fascination with Matt Ryan? Does anyone think that he is a franchise kind of quarterback?

I kind of get the same feeling from him that I got from Alex Smith a couple of years ago. He's #1 QB by default and there's truthfully not one in this year's draft that a franchise can be built around.

If McFadden is there at 10, Jerry Jones will be chewing our arm to get him...and I'd be superduper happy with letting him!

No way the saints FO thinks McKelvin is more valuable than the 2 firsts we'd get from Jerry, where we could pick 2 of the corner/lb/dt needs we have

If we were offered Dallas' two 1st rounders for the #10 pick... we HAVE to take it. That would give us three players in the first 45 picks without sacrificing our later picks... If we can't build with that, we need to hang it up!

if Mcfadden is there at 10 we will be on the clock for all of 2 seconds before we are calling Jerry Jones......

and personally, i don't know what this dude is talkin about, i dare anyone in here who watched Mcfadden play in college to say that the kid isn't a stud... he sure made my LSU defense look like rookies out there this year.... he's a stud, his knocks might be that he has lil legs and he runs way too upright....

...playing Devil's advocate.....

McFadden played in a very gimmicky offense with another RB in the backfield who was just as dangerous to divert some focus from him.

And, he is not AP in any way, shap or form. He's not as quick, can't break the tackles AP can and won't have the OL AP does. If he goes really high, it's more of an indictment of how weak this draft class is, IMO.

He had a heck of a College career...we'll see soon enough.

I saw this piece on total Access yesterday... he's going to break down the RBs today, so we'll see why he feels this way about DMC. The host (can't remember who) mentioned that there was no McFadden in the top 10, and Mayock says that he's watched tape on DMC, and nothing really jumps out at him... I wonder what tape he watched...

Brian Baldinger wrote an article on McFadden stating that he was not overly impressed. He pointed to a lack of vision, awareness, and his running style. Specifically, he stated that McFadden runs into his blockers and doesn't see the field well. He also stated that he tries to take on too many tacklers rather than demonstrating elusiveness.

I am not saying that I agree with Baldy, just sharing as these may be some of Mayock's concerns as well.

Am i the only one that does not get the fascination with Matt Ryan? Does anyone think that he is a franchise kind of quarterback?

I feel the same way. Just seems kind of Alex Smith or Joey Harrington to me.

McFadden has been the best player in college football over the last two years and will be a sensational pro.

The knocks seem to be

(1) he plays running back and the draft downgrades running backs because lower round backs can make it and because of the high injury rate at that position;

(2) he has an upright running style, increasing the chances of injury;

(3) he played in an unorthodox offense at Arkansas;

(4) he does not have the sensational moves of some other backs.

However, he has a great combination of size and speed, he has great hands, he was terribly productive with great toughness in college, and I cannot believe anyone would question his vision as a runner.

He reminds somewhat of Deuce McAllister--a tad lighter, a bit faster, and without the history of injuries. But McFadden was much more dominant than Deuce in college.

Last edited:

He has prototypical size and arm strength and seems like smart kid. QB's have to all but relearn how to play in the NFL anyway because the defenses are so much more complicated. I think hes a fairly safe pick for someone wanting a QB.

Quarterbacks are generally overrated, because they are considered the cornerstone of franchises... what is the one draft everyone talks about? The 1983 draft. That has become the measauring stick for "great drafts". No other position is considered as important in the top half of a draft.

Ryan is ranked #1 because he matches with the greatest need with the team that has the #1 overall pick.

If New England would have ended up with the #1 overall pick, Keith Rivers probably would be rated near or at the top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom