Mayor Cantrell: Saints should be able to play at home on October 3rd (1 Viewer)

Ummm, you don't a looming election has some bearing on her recent enthusiasm to bring back fans? Don't be surprised to see her enthusiasm waine the day after the election.
i'm not even much of a fan of hers
there are plenty of her policies and execution that can be critiqued without making up conspiracies

Ummm, you don't a looming election has some bearing on her recent enthusiasm to bring back fans? Don't be surprised to see her enthusiasm waine the day after the election.
I don't get the hostility toward her, she's the mayor of New Orleans which in recent memory has always been a democrat, and with the exception of Landrieu's previous tenure a Black man. The whole state has a history of flawed and questionable politicians. Is the hostility because she is a woman?

I don't get the hostility toward her, she's the mayor of New Orleans which in recent memory has always been a democrat, and with the exception of Landrieu's previous tenure a Black man. The whole state has a history of flawed and questionable politicians. Is the hostility because she is a woman?
Maybe it’s none of that and just the fact that she’s an obnoxious fool. Couldn’t be that though, right?

Not at all. But the Saints viability in one of the smallest, and least friendly corporate environments is a long range concern. Teedy is not the first anti -business mayor in NOLA, but she probably is the most hostile. Probably not the best course in a pandemic recovery where NOLA economy is very tourist service driven.

We are very fortunate Benson switched heirs from Rita to Gayle, but the city needs to improve on infrastructure, crime, and private sector attraction if the Saints are to remain next 50 years.

Not at all. But the Saints viability in one of the smallest, and least friendly corporate environments is a long range concern. Teedy is not the first anti -business mayor in NOLA, but she probably is the most hostile. Probably not the best course in a pandemic recovery where NOLA economy is very tourist service driven.

We are very fortunate Benson switched heirs from Rita to Gayle, but the city needs to improve on infrastructure, crime, and private sector attraction if the Saints are to remain next 50 years.
Anti-business? A city built on tourism has been dealing with a national pandemic for 2 years, how is she anti-business? Infrastructure, crime? None of this is new, Louisiana does not have any fortune 500 companies like Houston and Atlanta and that's not a new development.

i think they jumped the gun to move the game. with 95% of the NOLA with power again i don't see why they couldn't have it here. I know it would mean a lot to the city to have the game played at home.

No restrictions in the Dome?

Why would you even want that? It's like asking "will we be allowed to smoke in the dome?"

i think they jumped the gun to move the game. with 95% of the NOLA with power again i don't see why they couldn't have it here. I know it would mean a lot to the city to have the game played at home.

I guarantee that would have been preferred by everyone in and around New Orleans, but 1.) Putting that much faith in Entergy, God bless them, would have been foolish. 2.) Electricity for a sporting event isn't the only concern during the aftermath of a hurricane

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom