Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If that's the decision then fine. I just wish there were clear guidelines and thresholds expressed before the season started. If the dome were not an option we could have already made plans for tiger stadium and potentially have hosted two or three games. What a disaster this has been.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
literally the worst thing that can happen for NO is her to continue as mayor
There are far worse things that can happen to New Orleans than having a terrible Mayor. I honestly cannot recall the last time the city had a good mayor.

I figured the Saints would probably have no fans this year at their home games for more than one reason. The mayor is just one of those reasons.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
There are far worse things that can happen to New Orleans than having a terrible Mayor. I honestly cannot recall the last time the city had a good mayor.

I figured the Saints would probably have no fans this year at their home games for more than one reason. The mayor is just one of those reasons.
Actually at this point she is the sole reason preventing it

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
The Saints having to go to a college stadium is unfair. Don't know anything about this mayor except for postings on this board. She should have been honest from beginning and said no fans allowed for whole season. Then the Saints wouldn't have had to waste money on CDC infrastructure guideline materials at the Superdome.

Two if the mayor had been honest N.O would have conducted practices on grass in order to get used to Tiger Stadium surface.

Three it is unfair to LSU to have to prepare on such short notice for a tenant. If there was a chance to plan this ahead well in advance both parties could of worked with each other. Now everything is set in stone.

ASaintFerLife

A Shining light of Truth
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Remember in the end we are all Saints fans and love each other. Right?? I would love to see games played in Tiger stadium seeing that most SEC schools have fans in the stadiums already.

This is a decision they will have to make for both fan & player safety.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
This woman doesn’t care about New Orleans. Once this is over she will follow in the steps of Morial and Nagin and move out of town. Any word on if Mitch has moved yet? At least Sid Barthelemew has stuck around town.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)