Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
I'm really surprised to hear Saints fans willing to risk the well being of the majority of people so that a sport that has become about as real as the WWE can be played. I love the Saints, but the past 3 years have shown me the place it should have in folk's lives. But carry on....✌
Protect yourself, by all means, if you are in a position where precautions need to be taken. You CAN protect yourself and you don't need the rest of us to keep you safe.

We're on to the rest of our lives.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Im not sure if i would count C. Ray moving "out of town" as voluntary
People seem to forget but between time in office and his time in prison he bought a home outside of Dallas. To quote Steve Miller, he wanted to “go on, take the money and run.”

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Protect yourself, by all means, if you are in a position where precautions need to be taken. You CAN protect yourself and you don't need the rest of us to keep you safe.

In other words, I'ma get in my car blind drunk and travel 120MPH through suburban streets and its on the rest of you to make a decision to not go on the roads.

This power hungry Cruella DeVille will control things for as long as she can.

The only thing she cares about is the power in her hands!!
I mean, you're talking about a state with the highest rate of infections per 100,000 people, in a country with the highest death rate in the world, but apparently it's a local issue to do with Mayor Cantrell.

Some of you have truly reached a low-point of selfish indifference.

Frankly, the league should have taken this decision out of the hands of the teams and banned fans everywhere, but they were and are too gutless.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Not if your life included seeing the Saints in the Superdome. It sounds like the mayor will tell you when you can go on with that part of your life.
---
On a somewhat related note, people act like they were doing soooo many awesome things before shutdown. When all most of us were doing was going to work and school, to restaurants and bars, shopping or church. Yaaay life.

People literally up in arms because they couldn't go into certain buildings. Our egos tell us we were doing super fun, super important stuff. But not really. We were just going around to different buildings, then coming back home.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
In other words, I'ma get in my car blind drunk and travel 120MPH through suburban streets and its on the rest of you to make a decision to not go on the roads.
Chill, it's just COVID...not even in the same universe as an equitable comparison. If you believe it is, then enjoy the rest of your days in bubble wrap. Plenty of far more dangerous health risks out there than COVID, and a vaccine won't be saving you from any of the above.

Frankly, the league should have taken this decision out of the hands of the teams and banned fans everywhere, but they were and are too gutless.
Frankly, that would have been an easier decision than doing the right thing to let communities make decisions in their own best interest. As a result, they have left themselves open to criticism from our social chaos coordinators in the media and their legion of zombie followers whose singular mission in life seems to be telling the rest of the world how to think, speak, and act.

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, you're talking about a state with the highest rate of infections per 100,000 people, in a country with the highest death rate in the world, but apparently it's a local issue to do with Mayor Cantrell.

New Orleans has a positivity rate of around 1% currently, the lowest in the state. Louisiana and New Orleans specifically was seeded with the virus over Mardi Gras by people coming here from around the world and both the west and east coasts of the US. The majority of the infections happened early on, months ago.

And the US doesn’t have the highest death rate in the world per capita.

Reaction score
There are far worse things that can happen to New Orleans than having a terrible Mayor. I honestly cannot recall the last time the city had a good mayor.

I figured the Saints would probably have no fans this year at their home games for more than one reason. The mayor is just one of those reasons.
I don’t really want to put politics into this but here it goes. New Orleans has had crooks all levels of government for a long time. You can start by looking at the fact that the last time there was a republican mayor was in 1868 and he only served 1/2 of a term. Ernest Morial had some shady things going on but he was probably the least corrupt recent mayor. Mark Morial was more concerned with taking the leap into a run for POTUS or the VP. Nagin was a crook and I haven’t even mentioned Jefferson’s freezer full of cash he got from a crooked deal.
I love New Orleans and would love to see a decent mayor from either side of the isle come in and get things straightened out and get New Orleans back to the pearl of the south again.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
Not if your life included seeing the Saints in the Superdome. It sounds like the mayor will tell you when you can go on with that part of your life.
---
On a somewhat related note, people act like they were doing soooo many awesome things before shutdown. When all most of us were doing was going to work and school, to restaurants and bars, shopping or church. Yaaay life.

People literally up in arms because they couldn't go into certain buildings. Our egos tell us we were doing super fun, super important stuff. But not really. We were just going around to different buildings, then coming back home.
The only game I had a realistic chance of going to this year was the Vegas game, not that it matters. There will be fans at Saints games this year though, bank on that.

Life was great pre-COVID and it still is. Every day on this earth with your friends and loved ones is a blessing. Elected officials and their draconian overreactions can't take my joy. I have to admit that I am looking forward to getting a chance to properly celebrate my 15th anniversary from May without strapping on an annoying face diaper.

NativeFan

Reaction score

Hey there nanny, wag that finger any harder and you might break something.

I am fine with you having an opinion, but what you do NOT get to do is accuse people of "selfish indifference" for having a perfectly legitimate viewpoint on this. A lot of us are getting sick of thit BS of people using COVID to virtue signal how good and moral they are. Cut the crap. You aren't a better person than anyone else here. Some of you just get off on telling others what to do, it sounds like you're firmly in that camp with this trollish screed of a post.

If you want to huddle indoors until a magical vaccine comes along that we really have no clue when that will be, that is your business. But we can wear masks and socially distance and still have a life, the science says that. The science also says that unless you're elderly or suffer from health issues, there's really no problem with going to a Saints game if you want to.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The only game I had a realistic chance of going to this year was the Vegas game, not that it matters. There will be fans at Saints games this year though, bank on that.

Life was great pre-COVID and it still is. Every day on this earth with your friends and loved ones is a blessing. Elected officials and their draconian overreactions can't take my joy. I have to admit that I am looking forward to getting a chance to properly celebrate my 15th anniversary from May without strapping on an annoying face diaper.
TBH, I think spending everyday with their loved ones is what upset people the most. When forced to stay home - amongst the people they deliberately brought into their lives - a lot of folks couldn't handle it.

They wanted distractions; something a little less boring. They wanted someone else to watch their kids for most of the day. I never realized how badly parents needed their kids to be in a school. Not necessarily to be learning, but they just needed that building to be open to receive them LOL.

That's my half-baked theory. Something I've almost convinced myself of watching it all play out.

Sooner or later things will be back to 'normal' and we'll find other things to rage against. Just gotta wait it out. Make short-term sacrifices in some cases.

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind going to Baton Rouge for a game or 2. What really bothers me about this idea is the effect not having the games in the dome with fans is going to have on the small businesses long term. I know they are already suffering and I’m sure some have already closed. This whole COVID crap sucks balls and I know we’ll all be glad to see this stuff gone hopefully soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DerrickB Jeff Duncan: Mayor Cantrell May Allow Fans this Sunday [THREAD CLOSED] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Walker: Props to Saints, mayor for coming up with reasonable plan to allow fans back in Dome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints, New Orleans Mayor meet to discuss return of fans to Superdome for games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans mayor has no qualms about Saints playing at LSU SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans mayor has no qualms about Saints playing at LSU Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints QB Drew Brees teams up with LaToya Cantrell for new coronavirus PSA Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints, LaToya Cantrell reach compromise for 3,000 fans to attend Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LaToya Cantrell says Saints' idea to play at Tiger Stadium is 'a good solution for right now' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Payton says he's closer to being "a lot" worried about the secondary than he is to not being worried; says the breakdowns are a "$6 mil" question Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 71
Marquez Callaway says he's 'all good' after injury late in big game, win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints coach Sean Payton says WR Michael Thomas' discipline is over SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 19: Michael Thomas says he will return next week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints WR Michael Thomas says he'll be back next week for Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0