Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an equitable comparison? You're right. 38,000 people die annually on American roads. 220,000 have died in the seven-month period since March from COVID-19.

That's a captivating stat and story line that sadly far too many people have bought since March, but having COVID-19 when you die is decidedly different than dying from it. Believe what you want, but according to data from the CDC and countless health care professionals being censored across the nation, COVID-19 still has a ways to go in order to catch up to automobile deaths.

P.S. - you are definitely virtue signaling.

And I live in that same state where since all this covid stuff began I know exactly ONE person who has tested positive and this is a morbidly obese (over 400 pounds) man who has been in poor health for years and he never got sick or felt any of the symptoms from it.

My best friend from high school is my personal physician and my nephew is also a doctor and both of them believe that the covid numbers have been a bit inflated.........like the young man who was admitted to a hospital in New York with four gunshot wounds and later died. Cause of death that was listed?..........................you guessed it......................COVID19!!

So maybe you should try to avoid judging people's "selfish indifference" or maybe it could be that even in crazy times such as these that people are just plain tired of power hungry corrupt and crooked leadership!!

The entirety of Orleans parish has suffered ~500 total deaths due to COVID. Even if that number is 100% accurate, why is that kid acting like we're talking about the Black Plague? Can he tell us how many of those deaths were from "selfish indulgence"? Nope.

Any death is tragic of course, but it sure seems like the response to this thing is destroying far more lives than the virus itself! Is Mr Goodie Goodie virtue going to open his home to all the people put out on the streets? Of course not.

But he thinks he's better than you and me, because like sooooo many others, he can get on his keyboard and be a Karen and tell us that we're horrible terrible no-good people because we don't think it's sustainable to lock down and do nothing for - well - apparently an indefinite period of time. Jobs? F em! Kids going to school? F em! Small businesses closing by the tens of thousands? F em! Just got evicted? F you! But he's our moral superiors, he's just so so caring and concerned for others you see.

That's a captivating stat and story line that sadly far too many people have bought since March, but having COVID-19 when you die is decidedly different than dying from it. Believe what you want, but according to data from the CDC and countless health care professionals being censored across the nation, COVID-19 still has a ways to go in order to catch up to automobile deaths.

I don't know about the death count, but I can definitely say the testing has been so freaking bogus the case-count is blown out of all rational proportion. To bring this back on topic not even the Saints - a billion dollar organization - could get an accurate COVID test. We almost had a game postponed because of a false positive.

Well, your vague conspiracy theory which is based on your own subjective, localised experience of a pandemic that has affected 90% of the global population in some form is certainly a proper substitute for actual scientific evidence and analysis.
Thank you for at least admitting that our reaction has been more more reaching and damaging than the virus itself, because nowhere even in the same area code of 90% of the globe has been infected with COVID-19. On the other hand, since we're tossing out speculative numbers, probably closer to 100% of the globe has been damaged by our continued overreaction. People are a much bigger problem than COVID-19, amongst other things.

No one would be forced to go if fans are ALLOWED. If someone feels their well being is at risk they can stay home, but why should everyone who feels safe with the precautions outlined by the CDC and backed by SCIENCE, not get to enjoy life?
Because when you are finished "enjoying" your life you will visit the supermarket and other places and possibly expose others.

Because when you are finished "enjoying" your life you will visit the supermarket and other places and possibly expose others.
Right - where people are already catching COVID-19, influenza, common cold, and goodness knows what else when they sit on those nasty toilet seats in the restroom stalls.

And before you go there: if you have an internet connection (and clearly you do) it's not really necessary for you to even go into a supermarket anymore, or most department stores.

A question for you: have you dined on-premise at any restaurant since March? Whether indoor or out, you have "enjoyed yourself" in every bit as close in proximity to others as you would at, say, a supermarket or even a football stadium. I know that because I have probably dined on premise at restaurants around 25 times or so in the last 5 months from rural conservative communities to some of the more liberal enclaves in CA. They're all patronized by people "enjoying themselves" in pretty close proximity to others for reasons no more or less important than attending football games. How dare we!

Last edited:
I think Latoya is waiting for the suicide/overdose deaths, because of the lockdown, to surpass the COVID deaths. Then she'll allow people to reopen their business.
Maybe if we start a Go fund me for her to pay her back taxes she'll let us go back to work.

Unless you're talking about a different CDC and NHTSA, your comments are way off base.

According to the CDC, there have been 216,000+ confirmed Covid related deaths this year.

According to NHTSA, in 2018, the most recent year numbers available, 36,560 died as a result of automobile accidents.

:shrug:

Unless you're talking about a different CDC and NHTSA, your comments are way off base.

According to the CDC, there have been 216,000+ Covid related deaths this year.

According to NHTSA, in 2018, the most recent year numbers available, 36,560 died as a result of automobile accidents.

:shrug:
Dig deeper.

Hopefully the Saints move to BR for the rest of the season as a take it or leave it deal. No "we'll play in the dome in week 10 or 11" but "If we go to Tiger Stadium, its for the entire 2020 season."

I can't wait to see what happens when cantrell tells the NBA no fans in January 2021 if that target date comes to pass when the NBA starts up again.

The entirety of Orleans parish has suffered ~500 total deaths due to COVID. Even if that number is 100% accurate, why is that kid acting like we're talking about the Black Plague? Can he tell us how many of those deaths were from "selfish indulgence"? Nope.

Any death is tragic of course, but it sure seems like the response to this thing is destroying far more lives than the virus itself! Is Mr Goodie Goodie virtue going to open his home to all the people put out on the streets? Of course not.

But he thinks he's better than you and me, because like sooooo many others, he can get on his keyboard and be a Karen and tell us that we're horrible terrible no-good people because we don't think it's sustainable to lock down and do nothing for - well - apparently an indefinite period of time. Jobs? F em! Kids going to school? F em! Small businesses closing by the tens of thousands? F em! Just got evicted? F you! But he's our moral superiors, he's just so so caring and concerned for others you see.

This post, more than any other I have read anywhere on this forum or elsewhere, is the most succinct illustration of the Dunning-Kruger effect at work I have ever seen. It is also premised on the completely flawed (in fact, completely false) premise that opening everything up and empowering people to make their own decisions (thereby creating the optimal conditions for the virus to spread which will lead to more hospitalisations and more deaths) is in the long-term economic interests of the state or the country when in fact the opposite is true.

The combination of confidence and idiocy is a dangerous mix. Regrettably, you have both in spades.

On the other hand, since we're tossing out speculative numbers, probably closer to 100% of the globe has been damaged by our continued overreaction. People are a much bigger problem than COVID-19, amongst other things.

If you were alive during World War 2, you would have complained about not being able to take a vacation to France in 1943.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom