Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, I'ma get in my car blind drunk and travel 120MPH through suburban streets and its on the rest of you to make a decision to not go on the roads.

I mean, you're talking about a state with the highest rate of infections per 100,000 people, try with the country with the highest death rate in the world, but apparently it's a local issue to do with Mayor Cantrell.

Some of you have truly reached a low-point of selfish indifference.

Frankly, the league should have taken this decision out of the hands of the teams and banned fans everywhere, but they were and are too gutless.

<<the country with the highest death rate in the world,>>

Not accurate:

I read somewhere that the move to Tiger Stadium would be for the entire season, including playoffs, if there were to be a home playoff game. I think there is a higher than 50% chance the Saints will be playing their home games in Tiger Stadium for the entire season.

BTW, can we have good healthy discussion without attacking each other? Nothing is black and white and it is human to view things from a perspective. Everyone has something different that keeps them up at night. We all have different life experiences that shape that viewpoint.

There's only one group of people who use "Dunning-Kruger" in Internet debates. Congrats you've just outed yourself and proved all my suspicions correct.

Covid was tailor-made for you guys to go around and flout your virtuous moral and faux-intillectual superiority. All while getting a power trip over seeing your leaders tell millions of Americans how they should live and what their priorities should be under the guise of "public safety".

This isn't March anymore. You're talking points need a refresh I think, they are pretty old and outdated.

Well, to be fair, Brain Games just covered that this week. lol

I wanted to see how this story is playing in New Orleans.

https://www.nola.com/

It's nowhere to be found on the main content screen of the Nola.com online front page. Scrolling down, it is listed as the 6th most popular story.

It may be a trending SR.com story, but it does not seem to be that important to the general public.
I’d be more interested to see how it’s trending on social media. I have quite a few friends in Nola, on both sides of the politicos aisle, who are quite frustrated with Mayor Cantrelle. That said, it’s not just limited to not allowing fans in the Dome. It’s a a plethora of issues with her handling of this pandemic. This situation with the Saints and the Dome is only a small part of it. So that may be why it’s not trending as high. Just a thought.

Has Twitter, Facebook et all BANNED that, yet???

What a Kountry we have become.

I understand her trepidation and will not criticize any leader for using an abundance of caution in these uncharted waters.

The waters are no longer uncharted. We know exactly how, why, and who the virus affects. Masks barely work, the virus is not dangerous to any healthy person under 70. Estimates are from 30-70% of people are already immune to it. Many people have already been infected and don't know it. Fear of the virus is more dangerous than the virus itself.

Right - where people are already catching COVID-19, influenza, common cold, and goodness knows what else when they sit on those nasty toilet seats in the restroom stalls.

And before you go there: if you have an internet connection (and clearly you do) it's not really necessary for you to even go into a supermarket anymore, or most department stores.

A question for you: have you dined on-premise at any restaurant since March? Whether indoor or out, you have "enjoyed yourself" in every bit as close in proximity to others as you would at, say, a supermarket or even a football stadium. I know that because I have probably dined on premise at restaurants around 25 times or so in the last 5 months from rural conservative communities to some of the more liberal enclaves in CA. They're all patronized by people "enjoying themselves" in pretty close proximity to others for reasons no more or less important than attending football games. How dare we!
It's not about what any individual is ok with. It's about what's best for the whole. Shouldn't be a hard concept to comprehend.

You are free to enjoy yourself. If they are allowing it then have at it. But if they aren't allowing something that should be accepted too. If you feel like folks can buy groceries online then fans can watch a game from their couch.

I’d be more interested to see how it’s trending on social media. I have quite a few friends in Nola, on both sides of the politicos aisle, who are quite frustrated with Mayor Cantrelle. That said, it’s not just limited to not allowing fans in the Dome. It’s a a plethora of issues with her handling of this pandemic. This situation with the Saints and the Dome is only a small part of it. So that may be why it’s not trending as high. Just a thought.

There are also many in NOLA who don't like Cantrell in general, but don't have an issue with the way she is handling COVID.

The waters are no longer uncharted. We know exactly how, why, and who the virus affects. Masks barely work, the virus is not dangerous to any healthy person under 70. Estimates are from 30-70% of people are already immune to it. Many people have already been infected and don't know it. Fear of the virus is more dangerous than the virus itself.

Almost none of what you posted is actually true and none of it is supported by valid evidence..

I personally know an individual who passed away from Covid less than a month ago. He was 51 with no known health issues. He passed away 11 days after he first started showing symptoms. He was the director of color guard for our high school. So no, healthy people under 70 can die from Covid. Granted, it's rare, but it can happen to any age group.

Immunity after being exposed is an open question. We don't know how long the immunity lasts and we don't know how effective it is.

Properly worn masks actually are quite effective, particularly when usage is high. Study after study has made that much clear. It's not foolproof, but mask usage coupled with distancing dramtically reduces exposure levels to the virus.

As for fear of the virus being more dangerous than the virus itself. By what objective measure or study can you make that claim? Sounds dubious at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom