McAllister/Alexander (1 Viewer)

Hey BAY BAY!!!

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys feel but what if Deuce want be 100% when training or minicamp starts.

You guys might bash me for this but what if we traded Deuce to Seattle for Shaun Alexander. Both are power runners. The only thing is that Alexander has good knees and he would be the backup to Bush plus he would have Super Bowl experience and playoff also.

I really like Deuce but let's be real guys we need someone with two healthy knees not to bad knees and when they run the ball you hold your breath as to "I hope he don't get hurt." Just do an even swap of players. Besides Shaun will be behind a boatload of RB in Seattle...

BUSH
ALEXANDER
P.Thomas
FORTE

I think Stecker will be cut after cutting down the roster.

What you guys think?:scratch:

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys feel but what if Deuce want be 100% when training or minicamp starts.

You guys might bash me for this but what if we traded Deuce to Seattle for Shaun Alexander. Both are power runners. The only thing is that Alexander has good knees and he would be the backup to Bush plus he would have Super Bowl experience and playoff also.

I really like Deuce but let's be real guys we need someone with two healthy knees not to bad knees and when they run the ball you hold your breath as to "I hope he don't get hurt." Just do an even swap of players. Besides Shaun will be behind a boatload of RB in Seattle...

BUSH
ALEXANDER
P.Thomas
FORTE

What you guys think?:scratch:
---------------------------------------------

why would seattle do this?

Alexander is done.

No need for him especially if we're drafting Forte as you say.

Bush
Pierre
Steck
Forte

Is good enough.

Alexander is horrible.

This hasn't been talked to death around here.

This would never happen and I don't want Alexander on the team. Now, DOOOOCE, Bush, PT and Forte sounds good though.

If we're going to have a running back in the twilight of his career, I would much rather have Deuce.

I'd take Duece with 2 torn ACL's over someone who runs away from contact. Alexander is horrible and probably the SOFTEST RB in the NFL.

I don't want to responsible for his contract. We don't even want to pay Deuce right now, thats why we agreed to hold off the $1 Million bonus.

P. Thomas should be our opening day RB, no question.

The fit of the respective backs to each team doesn't even matter in this case; the money wouldn't make sense for either team at all.

The Saints would be cutting Deuce if they did because of his $$$ vs. injuries. Alexander would be cut because of his $$$ vs. performance.

Why would the Saints trade for an underperforming big money back (with Bush already making bank) whose performance has been terrible? Why would Seattle trade for a big money oft-injured back when they just signed two backs (one for significant money) in the offseason? Plus the cap hits due to signing bonus prorations?

Some ideas on the forum make sense but won't happen. This one doesn't make sense financially and would NEVER happen.

I've deleted my response out of respect for your avatar.

Duece with 2 bad knees > Shaun Alexander fully Healthy

Pierre Thomas > S. Alexander

Steck > S. Alexander

Bush > Alexander

anyone who thinks Shaun still has anything left obviously just plays madden and hasn't watched him play at all in the last 2 years, just because he was on the cover in 06 doesn't mean he's any good.... this past year (and year before) he was one of the most timid, shy, slow, scared running backs i had ever seen.... falling before contact, letting holes closes on him, running over NO ONE... seriously, go to a Seahawks page and ask non-bias fans what they think about him...

I've deleted my response out of respect for your avatar.

LOL ZK!

Really, there are many good yourg RB's in the draft and UDFA that are better (and cheaper) than Alexander. Unlike QB, WR, OL, RB is one of those positions you stay away from the old guys.

S. Alexander is on talked about in this thread for the one good season he had. Alexander has shown that he is nothing without a dominate O-line. Duece has been consistent for us, why trade him? he has shown that after major knee surgery he can come back strong and perform. why would this knee injury be any different.

PS

dont draft forte we dont need him, we need a Safety to replace j Bullocks.

The only thing is that Alexander has good knees and he would be the backup to Bush plus he would have Super Bowl experience and playoff also.

Yea I saw the kind of playoff experience Alexander brings to the table when they played the Bears in the '06 divisional round. He was HORRIBLE back then and he's no better now. The guy couldn't get a yard on three consecutive attempts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom