McCaffery to IR (1 Viewer)

I told someone at work who does fantasy football that this will be the last productive high level season for McCaffrey due to his heavy use at Stanford and so far in Carolina. I was wrong.

Looks like the McCaffrey that we knew before 2020 is no more.

Last edited:
I told someone at work who does fantasy football that will be the last productive high level for McCaffrey due to his heavy use at Stanford and so far in Carolina. I was wrong.

Looks like the McCaffrey that we knew before 2020 is no more.

He can still be really really good but not if Carolina's going to have him touch the ball 30-40 times a game. You can't have your offense run entirely through one player, no matter how good they are.

He can still be really really good but not if Carolina's going to have him touch the ball 30-40 times a game. You can't have your offense run entirely through one player, no matter how good they are.
You mean like the Vikings early in AP's career?

RB's no matter how good or productive on the field definitely have a shelf life and why I advocate for letting RB's walk rather than give high dollar contracts.

Again proof better to move on from a player a year too early than keep a year too long.

CM has certainly shown himself to be injury prone so far.
I don't think that's being fair to him, especially when taken in context. It's been said before but Carolina seems to have little interest in managing his touches, hea being run into the ground. And for what? It's not like the team has been competitive lately.

RB's no matter how good or productive on the field definitely have a shelf life and why I advocate for letting RB's walk rather than give high dollar contracts.

Again proof better to move on from a player a year too early than keep a year too long.
In most cases I agree, but for the “special” RBs, you gotta keep them through their prime. Kamara and CMAC are both “special” but the Panthers put too much usage on McCaffery and they’re grinding him into the ground.

It reminds me of how Haslett did Deuce McAllister.

In most cases I agree, but for the “special” RBs, you gotta keep them through their prime. Kamara and CMAC are both “special” but the Panthers put too much usage on McCaffery and they’re grinding him into the ground.

It reminds me of how Haslett did Deuce McAllister.
That’s funny... Because Kamara has more touches than him, but CMC has close to 1000+ more snaps than Kamara is wild.

It's a shame. The guy is a special talent. Sad what happens to these young RBs. Most of them never see a second contract unless they're good at special teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom