N/S McCaffrey injures Hamstring in Victory last night. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Told friend at work last week this might be his last really productive season. He has been used heavily in college and the NFL. Add to that he is really not that big in stature either.

Told friend at work last week this might be his last really productive season. He has been used heavily in college and the NFL. Add to that he is really not that big in stature either.

He is being ran into the ground. 30 touches in week 1 and another 30 last Sunday and expected to go out with little recovery time 4 days later after cramps and lead backfield again. It just strikes me as being irresponsible. You don't need benefit of hindsight to realise this. In a physical game of this nature it is absurd that NFL has Thursday night football games. You get idiots like Mike Florio thinking there should be games every day of the week like there were when there was some rescheduling due to Covid. It may be attractive for bettors and TV interests but overall the quality of the product diminishes. Sometimes less is more.

He is being ran into the ground. 30 touches in week 1 and another 30 last Sunday and expected to go out with little recovery time 4 days later after cramps and lead backfield again. It just strikes me as being irresponsible. You don't need benefit of hindsight to realise this. In a physical game of this nature it is absurd that NFL has Thursday night football games. You get idiots like Mike Florio thinking there should be games every day of the week like there were when there was some rescheduling due to Covid. It may be attractive for bettors and TV interests but overall the quality of the product diminishes. Sometimes less is more.
The corporate and league owners do not REALLY care, about the quality aspect. As long as the revenue stream continues upward, in however way they manage how the league is run, that is all that matters. Think about what was said, just last night.

This coming January for the NFL playoffs, wildcard weekend there will be 3 playoff games on Saturday, 2 playoff games on Sunday and 1 playoff game on Monday night. What genius came up with scheduling a Monday night playoff game? What winning team of the Monday night game, will be the unfortunate team of having the short week to prepare for their divisional round game?

I cannot wait for the next round of the CBA discussions to unfold. You talk about a sheet show! I hope the player’s union holds its ground against the absurdity this redhead clown has been implementing.

It would be doable if they got creative with schedules and bye weeks. Personally I'd rather just have Sunday/Monday games. I do like the night games.

Too much usage for McCaffery. I really thought they would lighten his workload this season after last years injury. They can move the ball well with Moore and Hubbard looked decent out there tonight. I don’t see why they want to force McCaffery to get 30 touches…

Their defense is still really good. They aren’t going away
Let’s see.

They defeated a rookie QB, of a team that has been one of the absolute worse run organizations, week 1.

Week 2, their home opener, they catch a division foe that essentially was playing on one leg. 8 starting plsyers, 5 on defense, 3 on offense were out. Add in the 8 position coaches out, for COVID. And let’s add in; the 3rd week the entire organization has been living elsewhere and practicing elsewhere.

In their 3rd game, they play the least talented roster in the ENTIRE NFL, with that least talented team starting a 3rd string rookie QB.

The Panthers will end up 8-9 at best, IMO.

Let’s see.

They defeated a rookie QB, of a team that has been one of the absolute worse run organizations, week 1.

Week 2, their home opener, they catch a division foe that essentially was playing on one leg. 8 starting plsyers, 5 on defense, 3 on offense were out. Add in the 8 position coaches out, for COVID. And let’s add in; the 3rd week the entire organization has been living elsewhere and practicing elsewhere.

In their 3rd game, they play the least talented roster in the ENTIRE NFL, with that least talented team starting a 3rd string rookie QB.

The Panthers will end up 8-9 at best, IMO.
Their defense has dominated three NFL opponents that they have faced. I don't think them embarrassing the Saints OL and Sean Payton was an accident...you don't do that with luck

Their defense has dominated three NFL opponents that they have faced. I don't think them embarrassing the Saints OL and Sean Payton was an accident...you don't do that with luck
If we would have picked up the blitzes I believe the outcome would be different and the score would be closer

What genius came up with scheduling a Monday night playoff game? What winning team of the Monday night game, will be the unfortunate team of having the short week to prepare for their divisional round game?
Oh they are ruining the quality of the product, but they are not dumb. They pick the playoff schedule week by week based on matchups. What do you want to bet that the unprecedentedly unlucky team is us v. Brady or Rodgers?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom