McCain-Rice 2008? (1 Viewer)

purvis_guy

Victim of Laughing Chance
Reaction score
ABCNews’ Mary Bruce Reports: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is actively courting the vice presidential nomination, Republican strategist Dan Senor said.

“Condi Rice has been actively, actually in recent weeks, campaigning for this,” Senor said this morning on “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.”

According to Senor, Rice has been cozying up to the Republican elite.

“There's this ritual in Washington: The Americans for Tax Reform, which is headed by Grover Norquist, he holds a weekly meeting of conservative leaders -- about 100, 150 people, sort of inside, chattering, class types,” Senor said. “They all typically get briefings from political conservative leaders. Ten days ago, they had an interesting visit -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice -- the first time a secretary of state has visited the Wednesday meeting.”

Senor explained that Rice’s history in public office would make her a prime candidate, especially in light of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain’s emphasis on experience throughout his campaign.

Read More:
Political Radar: Dan Senor: Condoleezza Rice Is Pursuing the VP Spot

Hmm. I guess anything can happen but I just don't see this. She's no doubt a brilliant woman but it would seem a bad move to pick someone so firmly associated with the Dub's foreign policy.

My guess is he'll go with a governor, perhaps Crist, to help take a key swing State.

Although Romney can't totally be ruled out because of his perceived economic savvy.

There are much better choices out there for McCain. I can't see him making this pick.

There are better choices if McCain is trying to avoid the Dan Quayle issue. Rice would codify the third Bush term charge, and open herslf to a host of questions. Katrina Van Den Heuvel's assertion that Rice has been a National Security Council disaster is absolutely correct.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom