Mccain vs Obama: The Tale of the Tape (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I will be upfront. I am not as fervent of a Republican as I was 7-8 years ago when the 2000 election happened and we got Bush as our C-O-C. We are in many ways at a crucial point in our history, the future vs the past and progess vs maybe moderation. I think Mccain despite all his faults, and he has many of them, is a sincere hard worker who tries to do well for his consituents and never claims to be perfect and without faults like a lot of other politicians do. Sure he may not be as suave or as debanar but I respect the guy because of his service in Vietnam and his POW status. He unlike Bush went to Vietnam and would not avoid his obligations to this country even when he could have run away to Canada or Europe like a lot of other people in the 60's. Obama, on the other hand, while being a very liberal guy, is very likable. He reminds me of TPS in a way as funny as it sounds. Sure I may not agree with him on many issues but he is so damn likable and is hard to dislike or has a personality that makes me respect him. and I do respect TPS for his views despite us not getting along politically. I like Obama too and would love to have him as our president. It would make me feel good to see how far we have come as a country to allow a minority in this country become the top man of the country.

Obama has style, is slick but without it being in a bad way, and is affable. He probably is not as liberal as he claims to be or campaigns on, but he makes good sense and he goes on good sense thinking. Thats what we need now, the hell with being a liberal or right wing, go with what makes good sense, thats the right way to lead, to be a good manager, or a good GM, or even a good President. Go with what makes good sense. It applies to a lot of things in the rough and tumble world of presidential politics. Lets go from their shall we?

Taurus and I have had a past of not getting along but we have persevered and learn to coexist on this board. Now I am a devout Catholic and he is a staunch athiest but that does not mean we can't agree on some things and get things accomplished be damned the differences we may both share.

Obama and Mccain are two people I like and respect, and I hope we get a good honest discussion this time around on what needs to be done, what needs to be fixed, and how we can get along. and we can get along mind you.

taleofthetape_9.jpg

I'm a conservative, and voted republican many times. But honestly I don't like any of the 2.....although I think Obama is sincere, and believes what he preaches, unlike Hillary who does not. For her this is a power trip, and I'm glad she was clobbered by Obama. Obama on the other hand has a few not so well thought out ideas of his own.......when asked, he said that if the terrorists come back to Iraq in the future, he won't hesitate putting the troops back in Iraq. But why bring them home now, when the terrorists are there? Shouldn't he let them finish the job BEFORE he brings them home?

McCain is my problem....I don't like his stance on some of the issues. Like wanting to be part of the international tribunal, which accuses US soldiers as war criminals. I cannot support McCain agreeing with these buffoons in Hague, and I hope no US soldier will have to face these idiots!

But all this campaign finance reform McCain advocated so much....it turned out that it was McCain who broke the spirit of the agreement in the first place, by agreeing for public funding when the going was tough, yet breaking the spirit of the law, when he turned around and ignored curbing his spending when he was no longer cornered.....a double standard IMO, and it came back to bite him!

Who's going to win? I see Ralph Nader screwing the dems once again, by syphoning enough votes in some key states, that it turns the election to McCain. I just hope McCain won't pursue these stupid ideas, and stay away from those fools in Hague!

>>...with these buffoons in Hague...

How are they buffoons? :shrug:

TPS

Four More Years! Four More Years!

If you want a guy that hasn't accomplished much so that he can promise almost anything, you vote for Obama. He's basically the democratic version of Bush Jr.

If you want a guy with a record that shows both his weaknesses and strengths, basically a known quantity, you vote for McCain.

With one you can pretty much guess which direction he'll go, with the other you have much less of an idea.

It's the BS of the economy all over again. One side don't want to pay more taxes, the other side don't want to cut spending. So the mess we're starting to experience now is the result of our inaction. Action from the outside is forcing us to do things that we didn't have the stomach to do ourselves.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom