McCain's sex ed commercial (1 Viewer)

BuffaloSaint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty classless to me. Yes 5 year old children should be taught about sexual predators and what is and isn't appropriate physical contact by adults. He acts like he wants to teach them how to wear a condom in kindergarten and that's just untrue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLQhRiEXZs

awesome! Reminds me of that old saying: if you cant beat em, hire em to run your campaign next election cycle.

I think McCain's ad is silly, but I think parents should be the ones teaching 5 year olds anything related to sex education.

One commercial showing how out of touch two candidates are on education is no small feat!

Pretty classless to me. Yes 5 year old children should be taught about sexual predators and what is and isn't appropriate physical contact by adults. He acts like he wants to teach them how to wear a condom in kindergarten and that's just untrue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLQhRiEXZs

The commercial, approved by McCain, isn't saying that McCain wants to teach children sex ed in kindergarden, but that Obama does. I don't understand your post.

I think McCain's ad is silly, but I think parents should be the ones teaching 5 year olds anything related to sex education.

I think parents should be the only ones teaching their teenagers sexual education as well. what should happen is that when children reach a certain age, the parents should have to go sit in on a sex ed class, adults only. Then when parents want to teach their teenagers sex education, they can decide how to go about it based on their morals and their beliefs, especially if you consider these things are a parents first repsonsibility before God.

I think parents should be the only ones teaching their teenagers sexual education as well. what should happen is that when children reach a certain age, the parents should have to go sit in on a sex ed class, adults only. Then when parents want to teach their teenagers sex education, they can decide how to go about it based on their morals and their beliefs, especially if you consider these things are a parents first repsonsibility before God.
Why? Parents send their kids to school to get an education. One of the most important things a kid can learn is sexual education. Is it really so awful to teach people who are 99%* certain to have sex the consequences of such actions? How much dis-information is out there regarding sex? People say you can't get pregnant your first time. Or that if you only stick the tip in you can't get her pregnant. Or that if you love each other it won't matter. Or any of the hundreds of old wives tales about it. And don't forget the rampant spread of STDs.

Then theres just the good sense to know whats going on down there. We've all got a body, and its got a lot of crazy plumbing. Is sex ed really and different than teaching how the kidneys work? Or the spine/nervous system? Or that crazy gall bladder?

I'm not sure what it is about sex that makes people feel so icky. But I really don't see why that "ickyness" should prevent children from having a true education on the issue.

Ignorance is never the right direction.

*percentage made up; you get the point

Sex education doesn't tell you when it's okay to have sex. It's about human sexual anatomy, reproduction, intercourse, etc. and I know very few parents qualified to teach anyone about it. Sitting in on a class hardly qualifies adults to drive, much less teach biology and/ot human physiology.

sex education should be left up to the parent. however there are some that can not parent let alone teaching sex ed to their kids...
what do we do..is it the gov. resposibility to protect us from ourselves.

sex education should be left up to the parent. however there are some that can not parent let alone teaching sex ed to their kids...
what do we do..is it the gov. resposibility to protect us from ourselves.
I'm not sure what your point is. What is the function of a school? It teaches kids how to interact with other like-aged kids. It teaches rudimentary education. It teaches advanced education. At the very least, it tries to give everyone at least the basic information necessary to live our day to day lives.

Half the stuff we learn in school is utterly pointless in real life. I've never been stopped on the street to explain Beowulf. I've never had to calculate the rate of acceleration of something falling to the ground. I've never had to find the circumference of a circle. I've also never been asked to play wiffleball. Yet I had to do all of this in school at one point or another.

So whats the problem with giving kids useful and necessary information in addition to the other educational aspects that we provide in education?

Why? Parents send their kids to school to get an education. One of the most important things a kid can learn is sexual education. Is it really so awful to teach people who are 99%* certain to have sex the consequences of such actions? How much dis-information is out there regarding sex? People say you can't get pregnant your first time. Or that if you only stick the tip in you can't get her pregnant. Or that if you love each other it won't matter. Or any of the hundreds of old wives tales about it. And don't forget the rampant spread of STDs.

Then theres just the good sense to know whats going on down there. We've all got a body, and its got a lot of crazy plumbing. Is sex ed really and different than teaching how the kidneys work? Or the spine/nervous system? Or that crazy gall bladder?

I'm not sure what it is about sex that makes people feel so icky. But I really don't see why that "ickyness" should prevent children from having a true education on the issue.

Ignorance is never the right direction.

*percentage made up; you get the point
My point was that 5 years old is way too young to teach anything related to sex education.

my point i guess is i dont really know what the logical answer is to all this. i have problems with the people of this country expecting the gov to take care of everything.......my dilemma is this. not everyone can take care of their problems....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom