McCoy (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif

Chuck Norris approves so that’s good enough for me.

You can say he’s... the real McCoy. :hihi:

For all the “hype” surrounding our new players, I thought McCoy playing well was easily the most important!

Didn’t hear his name called for anything negative. What I did see esp early on is we mostly ran right up the middle, behind McCoy.

Good sign!

Well it's a small sample size, but it looked to me that Erik is the best drive blocker the Saints have had since LeCharles Bentley. Where he struggles is maintaining leverage when moving laterally. He's getting turned and the quarterback has to move off his spot. Not unusual for young players.

Physically McCoy has what it takes to be great. Just has to get the mental side of things down which looks like he's making great progress on!

McCoy looks flat-out dominant at times. I think we have found a gem at center.

The poster that says he may be better than 2018 Unger is right, at least from a physical standpoint. Hopefully it picks up the offense and the checks quickly.

When we drafted him, and then signed Nick Easton... I figured there would be a real competition between them at Center to replace Unger. Especially since the Saints gave Easton a 4 year deal with middle of the pack starter money ($22 M) for a G/C... and also traded up to get McCoy... I assumed both would get a shot all preseason to earn the starting job at C.

It now looks like there was never really a competition at C, and it was McCoy's job to lose from the start...

And now the Saints seem to be looking at Easton at G / backup C almost exclusively... possibly as a replacement for Peat long term next year (as I think Peat is gone after this year)... and the replacement for Kelemete this season...

IMO McCoy is the starter at C for the foreseeable future, and I don't think it was ever really a question.

Last edited:
I’m watching McCoy versus Clemson last year on ESPN right now.

Clemson had one helluva D line, but McCoy has been handling his business!

He’s pretty good y’all! :9:

McCoy is the week 1 starter. Coaches are just trying to make sure he stays hungry. He is very VERYY good.

Just gotta get the shotgun snaps perfected. I think that’s his one big weakness right now.

Honestly that was the same issue Unger had last year. Most of his snaps seemed to come in slow motion. By the time Brees got it he was having to hurry the pass up. There were also several low snaps from him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom