McCray likes Saints’ new approach under Williams (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
“We’re not going to lay down in the fourth quarter. We’re not going to play prevent when we’re ahead. We’re going to pick up every ball in practice,” McCray said, describing the club’s new approach. “… Just that kick-*** mentality. We’re coming at you. You know we’re coming at you. What are you gonna do about it?”

That was not his defense (in Jacksonville),” McCray said.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/06/20/mccray-likes-saints-new-approach-under-williams

“We’re not going to lay down in the fourth quarter. We’re not going to play prevent when we’re ahead. We’re going to pick up every ball in practice,” McCray said, describing the club’s new approach. “… Just that kick-*** mentality. We’re coming at you. You know we’re coming at you. What are you gonna do about it?

That was not his defense (in Jacksonville),” McCray said.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/06/20/mccray-likes-saints-new-approach-under-williams

Love it. :9:

If anyone believes that the Saints won't TRIPLE their defensive turnovers... they're not paying attention.

This is fantastic! That's the attitude the Ravens have with RayRay. They get in their opponents' heads, and that in itself... works in the defense's favor. :evilgrin:

Dees ain't yo mama's Saints no mo! :scared:

:gosaints:

I think McCray and Harper will be the ones who thrive under Williams --

Harper is going to be key to making things happen, just wish they could have upgraded the OLB position.

I love this attitude. Hopefully everybodys renewed excitement and this aggresiveness will translate on the field. BDM

I think it will,defensive players love to be aggressive and attack. Williams has taken the male chastity belts off and gave our players their manhood back. It's going to be fun to watch.

All this enthusiasm and attitude is great to see. As others have said, hopefully it translates to the field, but I can't imagine we won't see some improvement.

If anyone believes that the Saints won't TRIPLE their defensive turnovers... they're not paying attention.

This is fantastic! That's the attitude the Ravens have with RayRay. They get in their opponents' heads, and that in itself... works in the defense's favor. :evilgrin:

Dees ain't yo mama's Saints no mo! :scared:

:gosaints:

Easy, killer

Our defense actually had a decent # of turnovers last year, but we had an even higher number turnovers on offense. I think we were -3 4 or 5 at the end of the season.

With an aggressive defense like that we'd probably look for more of an decrease in 3rd down conversions for our opponents. Getting to the QB faster than before = making him make worse decisions or use the check down option more.

+ I think if we tripled our TO's from last year we'd set an NFL record and go down as the greatest defense in NFL history. I'm excited, but I'll reserve the history book predictions till we go 3-0 or so.

I think we'll definitely see some defensive improvement, but I'm somewhat dubious about the offseason chatter. We heard the same sort of thing about how Oregeron was going to "bring the house" and that didn't translate to the pro game. Since Williams has a good NFL track record Im sure it'll translate much better, but I'm also ready to hear the fan rumblings the first couple of games when the Saints blow a couple of big plays while they adjust to the complexity of the new D.

Only problem with this is most all teams say this stuff... i like it but man i really got hold out to see if all the talk gets displayed on sundays. I love quotes but its June ppl lets not get crazy with the "we are great now because such and such says so"... i like the talk but its still just talk

Easy, killer

Our defense actually had a decent # of turnovers last year, but we had an even higher number turnovers on offense. I think we were -3 4 or 5 at the end of the season.

With an aggressive defense like that we'd probably look for more of an decrease in 3rd down conversions for our opponents. Getting to the QB faster than before = making him make worse decisions or use the check down option more.

+ I think if we tripled our TO's from last year we'd set an NFL record and go down as the greatest defense in NFL history. I'm excited, but I'll reserve the history book predictions till we go 3-0 or so.

Actually, we sucked at generating turnovers. 15 INTs and only 7 fumble recoveries. 22 total takeways puts us in the bottom half of the league. Not to mention we didn't have a single defensive TD.

The Ravens had 34 takeaways. If we could get to just the high 20's, we'd be tough to beat.

Yeah I hope this defense can generate at least 30 TOs and score a few defensive TDs this upcoming season. That would sure help us to get through the playoffs and maybe the big game.

no we didn't! :idunno:

Yeah we did. If you look at our total takeaways it wasn't actually that bad considering the personnel we had. I think by the change in scheme alone we should be in the top half of the NFL. We could stand to generate a few more turnovers and a few less giveaways. "Tripling" our amount of takeways would shatter the NFL record by far I'm sure (yeah I know it was hyperbole). 2 a game would be a phenomenal success I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom