McDaniels not looking like such a dummy now... (1 Viewer)

I'm sure he did want Cassel, but there's been no indication that that was ever really a possibility. I'm sure he'd rather have a happy Cutler than Orton. I don't know where this game from Orton is coming from, but I don't trust it. I don't know what he's good at, and what you can expect from him week to week. I'd rather know what I'm going to get from my QB from week to week. I think Orton ends up disappointing, just like he eventually did in Chicago. I don't have any basis for that belief. Just the way I see things playing out.

As much as people say it's all about figuring a QB out, that's what I think is the deal with Orton playing so well now. I think the league catches up with him during the second half of the season.

whatever the case is, it is still apparent that he wanted to get rid of cutler.

whatever the case is, it is still apparent that he wanted to get rid of cutler.

Whatever the case, my original point still stands. QB play was never the problem with this team, so I don't see why people are saying that's the big difference. It was the play of the defense, which is clearly improved over last year's.

They should win in that horrid division they're in. But they aren't going anywhere far with Orton. I have no doubt about that.

I hate to admit it, the Broncos are who everybody thought they weren't and the Patriots let 'em off the hook.

here to eat some major crow.

before the season started i said that chris simms would be starting in denver by game two.:banghead:

i believed in the broncos, just not in orton. he really showed me something today. he threw 48 times with only 1 int (although another could've easily been INT'd) and for two tds.

orton really silenced this critic.

remember the beginning of this week where alot of old posts saying things like "sign sharper, ***!?!?!!"?
i can't imagine what the broncos site is like now

here to eat some major crow.

before the season started i said that chris simms would be starting in denver by game two.:banghead:

i believed in the broncos, just not in orton. he really showed me something today. he threw 48 times with only 1 int (although another could've easily been INT'd) and for two tds.

orton really silenced this critic.

And the INT was a Hail Mary.

Whatever the case, my original point still stands. QB play was never the problem with this team, so I don't see why people are saying that's the big difference. It was the play of the defense, which is clearly improved over last year's.

They should win in that horrid division they're in. But they aren't going anywhere far with Orton. I have no doubt about that.

who said that orton was the big difference? I think orton got a bad rap from playing in a conservative offense with no weapons in chicago, even then he never had more losses than wins in a season, which says he plays within the system.

I wouldnt rule it out, they have already beat 2 of the top afc teams in cincy and new england.

I think Mike Nolan deserves a large portion of those accolades.

Agreed! they are winning with defense more than offense. Can you imagine how good they would be if Cutler was still there?

Just because they are 5-0, it doesn't mean that McDaniels didn't completely screw up on his way in. They SIGNIFICANTLY downgraded the most important position on the team for no reason whatsoever.

Lets see where the Broncos and McDaniels are in another 2-3 years.

Agreed! they are winning with defense more than offense. Can you imagine how good they would be if Cutler was still there?

Just because they are 5-0, it doesn't mean that McDaniels didn't completely screw up on his way in. They SIGNIFICANTLY downgraded the most important position on the team for no reason whatsoever.

Lets see where the Broncos and McDaniels are in another 2-3 years.

YOU perceive it as a downgrade, but maybe mcdaniels saw some things in cutlers game or attitude that didnt mesh with his system. he actively tried to trade for cassel upon arrival.

And the INT was a Hail Mary.
yes, thats really impressive to me. when a player passes for 40 plus times in a game commits so few errors you really have to tip your hat to him.

i really didn't think that he had the arm be the guy in denver. he didn't seem very strong in chicago in heaving the ball against us last year, and maybe not having the quickest release either, this along with a very horrid preseason i thought would surely be his undoing.

i guess i didn't count on his accuracy and football intelligence making the difference and offsetting other shortcomings of his.

Im sorry, but I loved his enthusiasm after the game. Walking down the field doing the fist pump was awesome, IMO. You could tell a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders. After all the flack he has taken in the offseason, and the Broncos not getting any respect even after beating the cowboys, he was just letting it all out.

^ Energetic or not...... that shows how much class he has........ NONE
not true at all. Hes excited to be winning. thats contagious for a team. Payton acted the same way when we beat Atlanta in the dome. Coaches work very hard and deserve to act like a little excited kid when they win.

yes, thats really impressive to me. when a player passes for 40 plus times in a game commits so few errors you really have to tip your hat to him.

i really didn't think that he had the arm be the guy in denver. he didn't seem very strong in chicago in heaving the ball against us last year, and maybe not having the quickest release either, this along with a very horrid preseason i thought would surely be his undoing.

i guess i didn't count on his accuracy and football intelligence making the difference and offsetting other shortcomings of his.

With Marshall, Royal, Scheffler and Moreno at skill positions, Orton just has to be smart with the ball and that offense will be fine. Mcdaniels clearly knew he needed a cerebral QB for his system and he got one. Cutler would never be that guy and considering Cutler make 1 horrible decision for every two good ones he makes, I think Mcdaniels saw that.

Cutler gets a lot of attention for a QB who hasn't done squat yet in what has been a very weak division. I'd like to see the guy win a couple big games before I call him a better than average QB.

IMO, denver gave up potential for a proven QB, even though the proven QB has a lower ceiling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom