McDaniels not looking like such a dummy now... (1 Viewer)

starting to look like something might of been wrong with cutler all along.

i know cutler is doing great in chicago, but mcdaniels was trying to get rid of him straight from the beginning.

you cant help but root for the broncos

yep, josh mcdaniels is my pick for coach of the year so far. nobody caught more heat than this guy.

No doubt! Man, i have to eat my crow, i thought that franchise was gonna be a wreck, but he has come out having them play just fantastic football. Just wow. Definitely coach of the year thus far.

Heresy.

The only teams that I root for the Broncos against are the Falcons, Panthers, Bucs and Cowboys (or any other team that I need them to beat to help the Saints).

starting to look like something might of been wrong with cutler all along.

i know cutler is doing great in chicago, but mcdaniels was trying to get rid of him straight from the beginning.

McD was very unprofessional and dishonest in his dealings with Cutler, does that make him a bad Xs and Os coach, of course not, but it doesn't justify his actions either.

Give credit to McD he has done a good job utilizing the talent he has left, good thing he didn't run off B Marshall because he was a difference maker today.

He looks like the first coach from the Bill Belichek coaching tree that may turn out to be something...i'm rooting for Denvier...

I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed their game today, however, the next three weeks will be a bit difficult for them...next up at San Diego, at Baltimore, and home against Pittsburgh. The also play the Giants and Indy later this year. But they're fun to watch. Hope we get to play them later this year...in Miami.

Mcdaniels never looked like a dummy. I saw what he was doing when he let Cutler go and I think he made a good choice. He made the Broncos into a more Patriots like team in terms of organization and attitude and it shows on the field. Hes very VERY smart.

Orton has performed I thought he would suck, McDaniels made a good bet on Orton being half decent and won.

Orton just wins. QB's, like Cutler, that put up huge stats but don't win always catch flack for not winning, Orton puts up pedestrian numbers but wins. This guy deserves some credit.

He outplayed Tom Brady by a pretty good margin.

Mcdaniels never looked like a dummy. I saw what he was doing when he let Cutler go and I think he made a good choice. He made the Broncos into a more Patriots like team in terms of organization and attitude and it shows on the field. Hes very VERY smart.

Cutler ASKED for his release. McDaniels didn't let him go as part of his grand scheme. He didn't have a choice.

And Cutler isn't the difference between these Broncos and last year's team. The defense is the difference. Last year this team would not have held Brady to 200 yards passing.

Cutler ASKED for his release. McDaniels didn't let him go as part of his grand scheme. He didn't have a choice.

And Cutler isn't the difference between these Broncos and last year's team. The defense is the difference. Last year this team would not have held Brady to 200 yards passing.

wasnt the whole ordeal started by mcdaniels trying to trade for cassel? apparently mcdaniels didnt feel like cutler was cutout for his system.

wasnt the whole ordeal started by mcdaniels trying to trade for cassel? apparently mcdaniels didnt feel like cutler was cutout for his system.

I'm sure he did want Cassel, but there's been no indication that that was ever really a possibility. I'm sure he'd rather have a happy Cutler than Orton. I don't know where this game from Orton is coming from, but I don't trust it. I don't know what he's good at, and what you can expect from him week to week. I'd rather know what I'm going to get from my QB from week to week. I think Orton ends up disappointing, just like he eventually did in Chicago. I don't have any basis for that belief. Just the way I see things playing out.

As much as people say it's all about figuring a QB out, that's what I think is the deal with Orton playing so well now. I think the league catches up with him during the second half of the season.

no actually, Cutler only asked because McDaniels first showed that he wanted a different QB. Orton isnt the best QB and wasnt McDaniels first choice, but ultimately Orton is a serviceable QB who can get the job done. He has a fantastic home record and veteran knowledge of the game. Cutler is a hotshot and very talented, but his attitude holds him back.

He's about the most un-head coach looking coach I've ever seen. He looks like a nerdy kid, his voice cracks like a 13-year-old, and he acts like a fanboy on the sideline.

On the other hand, his team is 5-0. Go, Doogie!

no actually, Cutler only asked because McDaniels first showed that he wanted a different QB. Orton isnt the best QB and wasnt McDaniels first choice, but ultimately Orton is a serviceable QB who can get the job done. He has a fantastic home record and veteran knowledge of the game. Cutler is a hotshot and very talented, but his attitude holds him back.

I'm sure lots of coaches privately look elsewhere for QB help. McDaniels was the one that got caught with his pants down. And the issue was that McDaniels LIED to Cutler about it, not necessarily that he was looking. Cassel wasn't ever a possibility for them, and I'm willing to bet he would've kept Cutler if he hadn't been found out.

And I'd say Cutler is doing pretty well for himself. I don't see that attitude holding him back from anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom