McFadden holds the key... (1 Viewer)

Unless allegations of drugs (like what happened to Warren Sapp) ro something else major like that, AIN'T NO WAY- that McFadden falles to #10. Most people have him rated as their #1 prospect on Draft boards and rightly so!!!!

If McFadden falls to 10 I take a few minutes to listen to offers. If nothing blows me away, I take him and watch our offense domiante for the next 8/9 years with the duo of Reggie and Darren.

I totally agree, Droopy. I've been feeling for a while now that if we can't get Ellis, then we need to move down once or twice and stockpile picks and take care of our defensive needs late in the first or in the second round where the value makes more sense.

Now I can agree with this, there is alot of talent in the later rounds and the Saints have been pretty good at finding said talent, so if we can get 3 LB's for the price of a 1st rounder (or DT or CB) then why not...I think with the team we have, this is the most important draft in the Sean Payton era simply because he already established some building blocks (Brees, Colston, Reggie, etc) so this draft is to put us over the top or back on track.

I haven't seen this. And I'm pretty sure he won't go #1 overall anyway.

I agree considering the Dolphins, in Ronnie Brown, actually do have the RB position covered decently as opposed to their other 21 positional needs. :hihi:

The only team I think might pick McFadden that are in the top 10 right now is Oakland. I don't think Atl. will pick a RB with all of the holes they need filled, especially at QB. Maybe the Patriots if they don't think Maroney is the guy.

If DMC is there at #10, could we draft him and then trade BUSH for some picks... Or am I just CRAZY??

With all the talk about the Cowboys possibly wanting to trade up to #1 to get DMC, I don't think there is a chance that he falls to #10. If he makes it out of the top 3, Jerry Jones will be on the phone with every team that picks after that to get him...and someone else will probably make that trade. Not to try and burst the bubble, but Jerry Jones aint gonna let DMC fall to #10 before making his move.

But, everyone seems to think Defense regardless, but I don't. If an OL is the top on the board at #10, I hope they take him.

The best OL player will not have the impact on the team as much as the best CB will.

McFadden is very good at playing in a gimmick offense and running through wide open holes. It will be difficult for him to transition to the pro level.

i think some of you on this tread are smoking crack. mcfadden is by far the best at his position and arguably top 3 in the draft. if he falls to 10, patton would be doing cart wheels up to the podium. i know we need defense, but remember the last time we passed up a sure talent to fill a hole, alex m? remember how that turned out. i assure you, unless someone gives us the farm, we would take darren.

Maybe the Patriots if they don't think Maroney is the guy.

????? I disagree with you. Firstly, I do not think McFadden will go top ten. Secondly you obviously havn't watched a lot of Patriots games. There is no way the Pats would replace Maroney with any of the top 5 RB in the draft. Ludicrous suggestion

????? I disagree with you. Firstly, I do not think McFadden will go top ten. Secondly you obviously havn't watched a lot of Patriots games. There is no way the Pats would replace Maroney with any of the top 5 RB in the draft. Ludicrous suggestion

What couldn't the Patriots do against the Giants? Run the ball. Which with play action, would have helped their passing game. There's no way they pass on McFadden.

With all the talk about the Cowboys possibly wanting to trade up to #1 to get DMC, I don't think there is a chance that he falls to #10. If he makes it out of the top 3, Jerry Jones will be on the phone with every team that picks after that to get him...and someone else will probably make that trade. Not to try and burst the bubble, but Jerry Jones aint gonna let DMC fall to #10 before making his move.

Seems strange to me as well why Dallas would look to make the deal with us an NFC team. Cincinnati are sitting at #9 and would probably like a pair of 1st rounders. Why would Dallas not deal with them. With Deuce, Reggie and Pierre Thomas on our roster there would be little to no chance of us selecting McFadden. Therefore unless Jerry Jones is worried someone else will jump up to get McFadden (Houston/Detroit are about the only perceivable teams and marginal at best) then they'd just wait till Buffalo at #11 (Buffalo drafted Lynch so will have no interest in drafting him) and get more out of the deal and pay him less

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom