McFadden vrs Ray Rice.... (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want to go on record to say that Ray Rice will be just as good as if not better than than D. McFadden ... I've watched Rice play the last 3 years at Rutgers and I am telling you this guy is a true BEAST!! He can run inside..catch .. and has speed to burn!! but that is not the most impressive thing about him .. he also loves to block and is darn good at it!! I know that it wont be the Saints but some team is going to get the steal of the draft early 2ond round!! I would not be shocked to see him go in the 1st but he is not hyped like some of the other guys....

a nice young man with massive talent.... good luck in the NFL R. Rice!!

I wanted to add his stats.... check out the fumbles.....

#27 Ray Rice | RB

Full Name: Ray Rice
Born: January 22, 1987
Hometown: New Rochelle, NY
Height: 5-9
Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 21
piece of work: RB
Class: Junior

ATT 380 | YDS 2,012 | TD 24
Profile Stats Game Log

Stat Overview Rushing Receiving Fumbles
YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2005 195 1120 5.7 58 5 8 65 8.1 26 0 0 0
2006 335 1794 5.4 63 20 4 30 7.5 13 0 0 0
2007 380 2012 5.3 90 24 25 239 9.6 22 1 0 0

Im not really paying much attention to runningbacks to be honest. I just don't wanna the birds to land Mcfadden.

He's good and will be alot cheaper. But, he's not the impact/game changing player McFadden is. Come on. I think Mendenhall may be better though.

He is a very productive guy but and he has impressed me as well. However Macfadden is a on a different plain. If I like anyone to possibly be better it's Mendenhall...but what a shocker huh.

I'm gonna go out on some limbs at other positions and make some crazy predictions, but I won't be challenging Macfadden.

Brennen = best QB long term
Cromartie = best CB long term
Brandon Flowers = severly underrated
Quinton Groves = best defender in the draft next to Gholston

I'll make those predictions now...

I see Reggie written all of McFadden. Sorry, but he'll need another back to allow him to do his thing. Remember this kid is going to the NFL not the NCAA. Everyone on the field with have serious speed.... granted not as much as he has in OPEN SPACE. I'm with the OP on this one. If you define the back as a pure running machine in the conventional since, hell yes Rice will be a man. There were a few back that I thought looked great from their workouts.

I see Reggie written all of McFadden. Sorry, but he'll need another back to allow him to do his thing. Remember this kid is going to the NFL not the NCAA. Everyone on the field with have serious speed.... granted not as much as he has in OPEN SPACE. I'm with the OP on this one. If you define the back as a pure running machine in the conventional since, hell yes Rice will be a man. There were a few back that I thought looked great from their workouts.

I'd have to disagree with that one. McFadden has one big thing that Reggie doesn't, POWER. He doesn't have to run around them he can go through them. I know everyone is looking for something to hang their hat on as far as McFadden being a bust but there's nothing there. Dude can even throw. McFadden is the most complete back to come out in years. Even more so than Peterson. Peterson has no weaknesses either except for the injuries. He broke his collarbone twice in college and you even saw it with his knee injury last year even though he only missed 2-3 games. Mark my words though, McFadden IS the real deal.

Ray Rice was productive in college mostly against sub-par teams. McFadden tore it up against the SEC. I dont think there is any comparison between the two. Ray is small and not fast. Darren is super fast with good power and can do it all.

What was Rice's 40 time?

I'd have to disagree with that one. McFadden has one big thing that Reggie doesn't, POWER. He doesn't have to run around them he can go through them. I know everyone is looking for something to hang their hat on as far as McFadden being a bust but there's nothing there. Dude can even throw. McFadden is the most complete back to come out in years. Even more so than Peterson. Peterson has no weaknesses either except for the injuries. He broke his collarbone twice in college and you even saw it with his knee injury last year even though he only missed 2-3 games. Mark my words though, McFadden IS the real deal.

You want power ...........
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qgYSTLIdLg0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qgYSTLIdLg0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ray Rice was productive in college mostly against sub-par teams. McFadden tore it up against the SEC. I dont think there is any comparison between the two. Ray is small and not fast. Darren is super fast with good power and can do it all.

What was Rice's 40 time?

I get a kick out of all the people that think the SEC is the only decent conference in the nation. Rutgers played in the Big East, against Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, and South Florida, all very respectable football schools. I believe all either finished the year ranked or were ranked at some point during the season.

Why is this guy's competition, or supposed lack thereof, such a big concern, and Cromarties's isn't?

I get a kick out of all the people that think the SEC is the only decent conference in the nation. Rutgers played in the Big East, against Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, and South Florida, all very respectable football schools. I believe all either finished the year ranked or were ranked at some point during the season.

Why is this guy's competition, or supposed lack thereof, such a big concern, and Cromarties's isn't?

People dont think the SEC is the only conference in the nation. People do know that it is the BEST conference in the nation.

I really think that Mendenhall and Stewart are both up there with McFadden. I would put them all on the same level.

While the conference you play in does matter.... I think overall performance matters more... but what I think matters the most is the players attitude and dedication to the sport.. unfortunatly we usually dont get to see the team interviews... but IMHO Rice seems like a good kid with a great attitude....

Who said anything about Rodgers-Cromartie? I didnt. Any player coming from a small school will have level of competition as a concern.
Lets be honest here,
SEC > Big East.
McFadden > Rice

I like Rice, but I dont think he will rip up the NFL at all. On the other hand McFadden is amazing, similar to Adrian Peterson.

While the conference you play in does matter.... I think overall performance matters more... but what I think matters the most is the players attitude and dedication to the sport.. unfortunatly we usually dont get to see the team interviews... but IMHO Rice seems like a good kid with a great attitude....

Totally agree with you here. I like Rice, enjoyed watching him in college, but I just dont think he is on the same level as McFadden, not many RBs are. I dont think Rice's game translates to the NFL as well as DM. Now if Rice comes out and runs a 4.4 it may change that slightly, but I think he is closer to a 4.55, why did he not run at the combine?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom