McKelvin in the draft green room? (1 Viewer)

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
I heard someone on NFL Network "Path to the Draft" mention that McKelvin is going to be in the NFL draft green room on the day of the draft. That surprised me since I don't see him as a top 5 pick. Usually they bring in the highest potential top 5 picks don't they?

Really? Wow, that's very surprising. Do you know the other players? Usually the only players that fall out of the top 6 that are there are the second QBs (ie Leinart, Rodgers, and Quinn.) I bet he's there at 10 where we pick. At best he'll get picked 7th (which I don't expect will happen.)

Maybe someone else turned them down like Joe Thomas last season.

True... but I still think that there are others that they could choose... They would have to have several turn them down to end up putting McKelvin up there, IMO. Or does the NFL know something we don't about how hot he is on team's draft boards?

True... but I still think that there are others that they could choose... They would have to have several turn them down to end up putting McKelvin up there, IMO. Or does the NFL know something we don't about how hot he is on team's draft boards?

No, they don't. They would not put Aaron Rogers or Brady Quinn in the green room if they knew what was going to happen.

Maybe with the change in format, they are bringing in 10 or so? Or want to include a small school for once?

Or more likely, saw he was a Trojan, and some intern mistook that to be USC? After inviting him, it was too late to cancel him. ;)

No, they don't. They would not put Aaron Rogers or Brady Quinn in the green room if they knew what was going to happen.

Usually they're pretty good about predicting who the top guys are (except as we both know the 2nd QB's.) At other positions they're good at picking atleast the top guy at the spot. In this case I'm not 100% sold that he will be the top CB picked even.

Or more likely, saw he was a Trojan, and some intern mistook that to be USC? After inviting him, it was too late to cancel him. ;)

:hihi: That's good.

I think there are several teams in the top 10 that could take him and they see it as nlikely that he will fall out of the top 10, so he is a good bet. He could go to the Jets, Patriots, Ravens or Saints, so the likelihood of an embarrassing scene like Rodgers or Quinn is extremely small.

I think there are several teams in the top 10 that could take him and they see it as nlikely that he will fall out of the top 10, so he is a good bet. He could go to the Jets, Patriots, Ravens or Saints, so the likelihood of an embarrassing scene like Rodgers or Quinn is extremely small.

I get what you're saying Richard, but I think that he could easily fall as far as the 15th pick...

This draft seems to be more of crap shoot as to which players should be invited to NY. After the first few big name guys (Dorsey, Long, Long, McFadden) it could be multiple people selected at say picks 5-10. I suppose the NFL is just taking a stab in the dark much like the fans are leading up until draft day.<O:p

Richard, I'm looking at your avatar and this
"From: The government and I'm here to help you"
and all I can see between the tears of laughter is Mel Brooks passing out bouncey ball paddles during the Saints War Room. And Heddy "Dat's HEDLEY" Lamar trying to get him to pick Mongo. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom