McKelvin to visit 4/1? (1 Viewer)

IMO, he won't make it past the Patriots in the draft, unless they trade with someone.

He does include a nice two-in-one package though. Corner and special teams are always a good combination.

I just have a gut feeling that our draft choice, whether it be Dorsey/Ellis, Mckelvin, or even Gholston will draw alot of hostility from some on this board that have convinced themselves that DRC is a future first ballot hall of famer even without seeing him play. I would be more than happy about Cromartie playing here, but the man crushes on this forum do seem to go a little too far. Its a repeating pattern though for this forum, it seems to go overboard when pulling for the unknows, like Z. Hilton or P. Thomas. The R. Harper for Shockey thread is another good example of how this board over rates our players, comparing an injured border line starting SS to an all pro tight end. I remember that people were saying that hilton would be our starter for the upcoming season, he was a lock and then doesn't make the roster. Some on this forum have convinced themselves that we are fine without Deuce b/c Thomas can fill his shoes just fine, guys Thomas is a good back but he has done nothing to prove he can fill Deuce's cleats for an entire season. Now we have DRC who for the most part noone on this board has ever seen play, are convinced he is the next coming of D. Sanders? Like i said i would not be mad if we drafted him, but i will be realistic and accept the fact that he is basically a work out warrior with a great last name. He didn't play division one ball, didn't dominate in DII from what i have read from different sources, excelled in the Senior Bowl and had great combine numbers. I know i will get grilled for this, but I'm sorry its the truth.

I just have a gut feeling that our draft choice, whether it be Dorsey/Ellis, Mckelvin, or even Gholston will draw alot of hostility from some on this board that have convinced themselves that DRC is a future first ballot hall of famer even without seeing him play. I would be more than happy about Cromartie playing here, but the man crushes on this forum do seem to go a little too far. Its a repeating pattern though for this forum, it seems to go overboard when pulling for the unknows, like Z. Hilton or P. Thomas. The R. Harper for Shockey thread is another good example of how this board over rates our players, comparing an injured border line starting SS to an all pro tight end. I remember that people were saying that hilton would be our starter for the upcoming season, he was a lock and then doesn't make the roster. Some on this forum have convinced themselves that we are fine without Deuce b/c Thomas can fill his shoes just fine, guys Thomas is a good back but he has done nothing to prove he can fill Deuce's cleats for an entire season. Now we have DRC who for the most part noone on this board has ever seen play, are convinced he is the next coming of D. Sanders? Like i said i would not be mad if we drafted him, but i will be realistic and accept the fact that he is basically a work out warrior with a great last name. He didn't play division one ball, didn't dominate in DII from what i have read from different sources, excelled in the Senior Bowl and had great combine numbers. I know i will get grilled for this, but I'm sorry its the truth.

unfortunately, we go through this every year around here.

Saint3232, that wasn't bad.

Try to break your long statements into a serious of paragraphs, so us drunk old dogs can read it easier, but not bad at all.

Now, stand by to get grilled for not admitting DRC is the gratest CB to ever play the game.

ddd

I just think we are in a great position draft wise to get a guy that will make an immediate impact whether it be mckelvin, drc, dorsey/ellsi, rivers or anyone else available at ten. I just hope it doesn't get ugly if we pass on drc, because i can feel a kind of tension about DRC around the forum when he is brought up or is compared to the other players in the draft, especially the other corners.

I just think we are in a great position draft wise to get a guy that will make an immediate impact whether it be mckelvin, drc, dorsey/ellsi, rivers or anyone else available at ten. I just hope it doesn't get ugly if we pass on drc, because i can feel a kind of tension about DRC around the forum when he is brought up or is compared to the other players in the draft, especially the other corners.

Amongst us forumers, I think that Ellis and Dorsey are widely, if not unanimously, considered better picks than DRC, MCKelvin, and Rivers. The complaining, whining, moaning, and arguing will only come if the pick is b/w DRC, McKelvin, or Rivers, where the opinions seem to vary extremely. If Ellis or dorsey are passed up for one of the above three (which is fairly unlikely), this forum would certainly implode.

I think we like underdogs, and this FO has shown that it will go for small school guys if they see potential. A lot of us have to rely on draftniks, and they all seem to love DRC and his potential. So the enthusiasm is a little better based than for Hilton or Walter Thomas, for example.

Lets call it what it is, your not going to satisfy everybody on this board.As much as i want a db in the 1st if we are able to get one of those dt's, i'm still content. Both is like 1A and 1B in priority imo. I just don't want to see no offense in the 1st. If we are going bpa, it better be defensive bpa. We are going to have to start looking for life after MM, Hollis Thomas, and Brian Young if he's healthy. The rest of the core defense aren't even out of there 20's but it show how fragile these two positions are to us when we lose them for an extended period of time. It's time to draft for the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom