McKenzie on the best WR (1 Viewer)

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw a thread yesterday that said he had to stay on the left side but I don t get why. It is obvious whoever is on Thomas will get the ball so why don't we move them around some so they at least have to look where they are. Upcomming Wr include

SF- Antonio Bryant who is not well known but can definately make the big catch.
Dal- TO is simply to tall and fast for Thomas to cover
Was- Moss can run like Galloway and we remember the TB game don't we.
NYG- Plaxico is their only threat that Thomas can't handle and he is too tall for Thomas
Car. Steve Smith wins games not KJ he is the one that dives out of bounds to get personal fouls.

Search and there are plenty of explanations. No CB covers a WR. They all play sides of the field. Including the great Champ Bailey.

Its a myth that a number 1 corner always covers a number 1 reciever. Its not how it works. Would you ask your LT and RT to switch places throughout a game?

I understand what you are saying but it can't get any worse ao what can it hurt to try it this weekend against the Falcons who do not have a great WR

I understand what you are saying but it can't get any worse ao what can it hurt to try it this weekend against the Falcons who do not have a great WR

I agree. I just don't know if defensive schemeing allows it. I think you would have to totally relearn all the plays with different assignments all over again to do it.

Crusty Corners

It's obvious now that we are well into the season that the opposition each week is taking advantage of the Saints most glaring weakness....CRUSTY CORNERBACKS! I realize there's the veteran/leadership arguement, but the position is so critical and the game is so fast that corners over 30 years old add little to no value to an already suspect secondary. Do us all a favor invest the #1 pick next year on a shut down corner. Spare us (fans) the agony of watching Fred Thomas get torched week in and week out.

I agree. I just don't know if defensive schemeing allows it. I think you would have to totally relearn all the plays with different assignments all over again to do it.

Exactly. It isn't like we're straight man converage all the time. It's more complicated than that. So having a corner "mark" the best receiver all the time seems to me like it could cause serious confusion among the various personnel packages and defensive play calling.

Search and there are plenty of explanations. No CB covers a WR. They all play sides of the field. Including the great Champ Bailey.

Its a myth that a number 1 corner always covers a number 1 reciever. Its not how it works. Would you ask your LT and RT to switch places throughout a game?

actually champ always lines up against the proposed number one guy, hence the reason darrent williams got burnt all night long against reggie wayne on both sides of the field and champ never covered him. Denver schemes their defense assuming Champ will take away their proposed number 1 guy which he always has this year. However i don't know about any other corners in the league besides ours and Denver's so this may be an isolated case.

actually champ always lines up against the proposed number one guy, hence the reason darrent williams got burnt all night long against reggie wayne on both sides of the field and champ never covered him. Denver schemes their defense assuming Champ will take away their proposed number 1 guy which he always has this year. However i don't know about any other corners in the league besides ours and Denver's so this may be an isolated case.

I've been told by a couple of people on here that Champ only plays the RCB position and thats the reason your LCB's keep getting cut. (because they get burnt by mismatches every game).

Have to look into this.

its like asking your quarterback to switch throwing hands.... aint gonna happen

what about when two receivers line up on one side and they are playing cover 2? who plays the inside receiver?

if mckenzie is man up on one side, we gotta be able to zone the other side to make up for thomas on the other side. tampa does this so well with ronde barber. the guy is always in the right area of the zone and always on the ball.

we just need to get a better presence out there. i don't even think i heard mckenzie's name called sunday. all the big plays were to the other side.

part of it was the deep safety's fault also, playing aggressive against the LOS. but hey, it's all discipline....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom