McShay and Kiper's New Mocks (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
So, today Todd McShay and Mel Kiper released new mocks. Here are the results...

McShay - D.J. Fluker - (OT-Bama)
Kiper - Jarvis Jones - (OLB-UGA)

Yes, I'm not sure why he mocked him to us to be honest lol.

Well it might have something to do with the fact that we had one of the worst starting Right Tackles in football last year... Seriously we need help a BOTH Tackle positions. I've also read some scouting reports which seem to think he could play either side.

Yes, I'm not sure why he mocked him to us to be honest lol.

We do need a RT, but IIRC he thinks he can eventually slide over to LT. Not sure I believe him but that is what i remember him saying.

Jarvis Jones went #17 to the Steelers in McShay's draft.

Jammal Brown was a RT that moved to LT. ???

Who knows. Honestly, I will be a little bit ****** if the Saints backed themselves into this corner by not affectively addressing the situation in free agency. Drafting purely based on need is something that bad teams do.

Well it might have something to do with the fact that we had one of the worst starting Right Tackles in football last year... Seriously we need help a BOTH Tackle positions. I've also read some scouting reports which seem to think he could play either side.

This.

We have some legitmate holes on offense. We're spoiled in thinking that our offense is just going to continue to be a juggernaut over time without using some significant assets on that side of the ball.

This.

We have some legitmate holes on offense. We're spoiled in thinking that our offense is just going to continue to be a juggernaut over time without using some significant assets on that side of the ball.

I'm not opposed to fluker, but he is a last resort BPA

With McShay's accuracy, the Saints may be seriously considering a tackle at #15.

Strief struggles at RT, and we do not have a solution at LT, so this could happen.

Besides, we used our first pick on defense the past 5 years, and look where that got us.

We can use a right tackle, but Fluker is not a left tackle and he might be better playing inside than at right tackle. I would be less surprised by Tavon Austin at 15 than Fluker.

This.

Can't green thumb this post enough. As much as I'd like to see our Defense improve this team will always be run by the Offense while Coach Payton is HC. Think about it, we almost made the playoffs last year after a 0-4 start, with no HC and a historically bad Defense and honestly, if it hadn't been for our Offense not being as efficient in previous years - we probably would have!

My point is this; our Offense must stay at the top to keep this team in the hunt. The Defense only needs to be decent. Last season our Offense slipped because we had turnstiles at manning the Tackle positions. FO.com actually wondered in the end of season rankings "If Bushrod hated his QB" he played so badly.

So with that said, I'd be over the moon if the Saints could use one of the flashy names (Tavon Austin or Geno Smith maybe) to trade down from #15 to the mid to late 20s and secure more picks and strengthen the Offensive and Defensive lines.

You can get good offensive linemen in the middle rounds. Unless one of the better tackles falls, there is no reason to reach at 15 by picking Fluker. BPA will not be a RT at 15 in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom