McShay likes Ryan Griffin and the Saints (1 Viewer)

SuJaguar00

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Rapid fire questions on the SVP show went like this: Question - What QB's skills fits with a current NFL offense? McShay - You guys won't like this, but Ryan Griffin and the New Orleans Saints. Looks like the cat may be out of the bag...

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

Perhaps. But when Brees is done I would like our next QB to b more mobile. Not to take anything away from Brees...he has quick feet for the pocket n what he does works. But a running QB just adds another dimension which forces defenses to gameplan for. Preferably a big guy who is durable

Nfldraftscout has him as a 6-7th round prospect. I don't think McShay was saying we'd take him in the first.

Perhaps. But when Brees is done I would like our next QB to b more mobile. Not to take anything away from Brees...he has quick feet for the pocket n what he does works. But a running QB just adds another dimension which forces defenses to gameplan for. Preferably a big guy who is durable

:jpshakehead:

I have no problem with Griffin. As long as he is on the bench and learning until Drew is ready to hang them up.
But we have a need for a legit Back-up/QB of the future , and I dont see why Griffin can't get a shot.
He'll be a 7th rounder or UDFA. Low Risk at that point.

To keep myself from responding inappropriately, I am banning myself from the thread for at least 30 minutes.

So you want a QB who is constantly injured and won't do jack in the postseason?

I don't care how big and durable someone is, running QBs can't take the constant barrage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom