McShay's New Two Round Mock Draft (2 Viewers)

Kenny Phillips with #40 would be a huge steal. If Kenny falls to the 2nd round, we should trade up to grab him.

Phillips in the 2nd would almost make me forget about Rivers in the 1st..

Uh, no he wouldn't. He is rated right around our pick in value on most people's boards. That's why a lot of Mocks have us taking him.

some also have him going in the 25-30 Range...

Maybe in some mocks out there, but in the ratings of talent, most respectable sites have him in the 10 range:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/top64.php?draftyear=2008 (9)
NFL Draft Countdown - Top Overall Rankings (9)
Top 100 Prospects for the 2008 NFL Draft (10)
Draft Stock - 2008 Top 100 Prospects (14)
MenuMaker produced NavBar (11)

We'll see where he goes for real, but why would the Patriots be bringing him in for a private interview if they weren't considering taking him at 7? You only get a limited number of interviews...

Rivers set for pre-draft visit - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

BTW, I can't argue too much with someone who isn't on the DRC bandwagon. It's silly around here how people think he is the savior of the Saints. =)

That would be a great draft but i could see us going after Chilo Rachal in the second round if he is there. If Cason gets that close to pick #40 we should trade up to get him.

I'm ambivalent about the choice of Rivers at #10. On the one hand, he is a highly instinctive and athletic linebacker. On the other hand, I don't think that he is very physical at all. When I watch the guy, I see way too many arm tackles. I definitely think that he has first round talent, but I'm not sure he is a surefire top-10 pick.

Honestly, the same can be said (for the Saints) about every player not named Dorsey or Ellis. If getting a starter in a position on need is what most NFL teams try to do in the 1st round of the draft, we have to trade up. I do not believe that any of the defensive players available in this year's draft could come right in and start on day one. Rivers couldn't beat out Shanle (Morgan if healthy) or Fujita, and nobody could touch Vilma. In the secondary, I don't see any of these guys being able to pick up our scheme and beat out Gay or David, and as far as safety, c'mon. Phillips is the best in this class and he might not even go in the 1st round. That should tell you something.

I've said all along that Rivers is our guy, that he is the guy we SHOULD pick because he is the one that would help us the most whether he's picked 4-5 spots early or not, who cares? If he's the one who can make the most impact on our defense, take him whenever?

Does anyone think we picked Colston in the wrong spot??? OK, then. Stop looking at the draft as purely a mathematical equation. It never has been and never will be, at least for teams who make the most of it.

Phillips in the second would be great.

If we got those two in the first round, I'd be ecstatic.

If Ken Phillips fell all the way to 41, I would hope we drafted him. Alas, in my heart, I doubt it. I do hope we draft a Safety though. Love him or hate him, Josh Bullocks is not the answer at Safety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom