McShay's New Two Round Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Rivers is not better than Lofton or Mayo. Rivers or McKelvin at #10 will bring back bad memories like Fields and Molden.

Agree that if Dorsey lasts to the 5th pick we should make a move. I like this mock draft understanding a trade up for Dorsey or Ellis and picking Phillips in the 2nd. That would be a great haul for rounds 1 and 2. We'll not have a 3rd or fourth but that's two starters in my book and special teams help from 5th-7th rounds.

Molden was # 8.... :( I think.
I just can't see us drafting a linebacker at 10. I know DRC is unproven, but I think he has the talent, and ability to learn.
*******You can't teach speed, and genetics. We need corners more than LB's
Especially if Conner can play to 90% of his ability. We are set at linebacker.
JMHO

Uh, no he wouldn't. He is rated right around our pick in value on most people's boards. That's why a lot of Mocks have us taking him.

:9:

:covri:

As much as people around here don't like Rivers, he will not last much past our pick. Some very respectable mocks have the Pats taking him at 7, so he may not even make it to us. I will say though that trading back and passing on Rivers wouldn't bother me. Jarod Mayo and Laws/Bahlmer would all be good picks in the later half of the first round. So if we want to take a risk for one of them and pick up some more picks (or Lito Sheppard), I would be happy with that risk.

Well we seem to be in agreement that with our spot in the draft, it would be desirable to trade back with the pickings being as slim as some mocks have them at #10. I don't care how many Mocks have rivers at #10 or higher, I don't think he's really a #10 overall type of talent in most years. Willis was the tenth pick last year. Willis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rivers

Well we seem to be in agreement that with our spot in the draft, it would be desirable to trade back with the pickings being as slim as some mocks have them at #10. I don't care how many Mocks have rivers at #10 or higher, I don't think he's really a #10 overall type of talent in most years. Willis was the tenth pick last year. Willis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rivers

Good point, but I am really excited about the prospect of us actually being over-loaded at linebacker (with Fujita,Vilma,Morgan,Rivers). I should probably take my blinders off. We've had so many bad linebackers I am willing to reach for a good but not great one.

Let's just trade up then! :9:

It's my strong feeling that we will land Dorsey. The key will be Atlanta. Hopefully they are smart enough to do the wrong thing and take Matt Ryan.

I agree and disagree. I think we do have a shot at Dorsey if Atlanta passes on him. I do, however, think Ryan is the right move for the Falcons. That team needs a fresh start at QB and since they didn't really address the position in free agency, I think Matt Ryan would be a good pick for them. Then again, they have so many holes on that team right now, they could pretty much take whatever is there besides RB. If Jake Long is on the board, Atlanta should jump all over him.

McShay did a segment on Rivers during NFL Live and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the possibility of taking him at the 10 spot. Either him or McKelvin. Both could help us this season. Rivers would challenge for playing time on the weak side and even if McKelvin isn't ready to start at CB, he's an instant upgrade on returns. Rogers-Cromartie, IMO, is too raw to contribute right away.

If we go CB or LB in round one, I think we will take an offensive player in round two unless there is a DT of value there.

You are dreaming, my friend. It will never happen. He won't get past the 1st three picks.

Landing him does not necessarily mean it happens at #10. We could very well trade up for him and I think the Saints will make the effort to do so if he falls past Atlanta.

Apples and oranges. By the way, make I ask who do you suggest we take at #10? Oh, and Willis was the eleventh pick. Amobi Okoye was the tenth pick.

Molden was # 8.... :( I think.
I just can't see us drafting a linebacker at 10. I know DRC is unproven, but I think he has the talent, and ability to learn.
*******You can't teach speed, and genetics. We need corners more than LB's
Especially if Conner can play to 90% of his ability. We are set at linebacker.
JMHO

No, Alex Molden was taken at #11. Tim Biakabutuka went #8 to Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom