McShay's New Two Round Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

would love phillips to drop to us in the second but i think that is a stretch i would be okay with rivers but I think that we will either trade up for dorsey/ellis or trade back and pick up some more pick seeing as we have an amazing 6 draft picks this year. atleast mcshays draft makes more sense than the usa todays draft guide

As much as Phillips would be ridiculously good value in the 2nd, Rivers would be equally bad value at #10 overall, imo.

I'll take Phillips in the 2nd for sure...

but i wouldn't be happy with Rivers at 10

would love phillips to drop to us in the second but i think that is a stretch i would be okay with rivers but I think that we will either trade up for dorsey/ellis or trade back and pick up some more pick seeing as we have an amazing 6 draft picks this year. atleast mcshays draft makes more sense than the usa todays draft guide

Who did USA Today have us taking at 10?

I'll take Phillips in the 2nd for sure...

but i wouldn't be happy with Rivers at 10

Why not Rivers? We would be set at linebacker for years (what a nice change). Also, I would rather us pick up Trevor Laws or one of the corners like Tracy Porter and Brandon Flowers in the second.

If Ellis is at 7 or 8 were gonna move up. then phillips in th3 2nd would be a great draft

Better Value

A better value would be to trade down in the first round, still pick Rivers in the 1st round, Phillips in the 2nd round, and pick up an extra 2nd and possibly 4th round pick. With the second pick in the 2nd round, select a CB or TE (whatever is best value). It is possible that Phillips will still be available in the 2nd round; safeties frequently fall and not that many are selected in the 1st round.

Who did USA Today have us taking at 10?

Why not Rivers? We would be set at linebacker for years (what a nice change). Also, I would rather us pick up Trevor Laws or one of the corners like Tracy Porter and Brandon Flowers in the second.

According to this draft....Flowers is already gone in the 1st round at 30 to the packers.

It's my strong feeling that we will land Dorsey. The key will be Atlanta. Hopefully they are smart enough to do the wrong thing and take Matt Ryan.

I'm ambivalent about the choice of Rivers at #10. On the one hand, he is a highly instinctive and athletic linebacker. On the other hand, I don't think that he is very physical at all. When I watch the guy, I see way too many arm tackles. I definitely think that he has first round talent, but I'm not sure he is a surefire top-10 pick.

I'm a big guy, but you'd see me doing backflips around Lafayette if we walked out of the first two rounds with those two players.

Rivers would be equally bad value at #10 overall, imo.

Uh, no he wouldn't. He is rated right around our pick in value on most people's boards. That's why a lot of Mocks have us taking him.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THAT ASSESSMENT!

:9:

A better value would be to trade down in the first round, still pick Rivers in the 1st round, Phillips in the 2nd round, and pick up an extra 2nd and possibly 4th round pick. With the second pick in the 2nd round, select a CB or TE (whatever is best value). It is possible that Phillips will still be available in the 2nd round; safeties frequently fall and not that many are selected in the 1st round.

:covri:

As much as people around here don't like Rivers, he will not last much past our pick. Some very respectable mocks have the Pats taking him at 7, so he may not even make it to us. I will say though that trading back and passing on Rivers wouldn't bother me. Jarod Mayo and Laws/Bahlmer would all be good picks in the later half of the first round. So if we want to take a risk for one of them and pick up some more picks (or Lito Sheppard), I would be happy with that risk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom