Meacham is now a guy trying to make a team (1 Viewer)

I was as shocked as Chicago was elated that we did not pick TE Olsen from Miami. Reminded me of theAlex molden pick. I think we passed on Eddie George that time.

Ya, because Olsen was soooo amazing this year.

1 losing season and all the trolls come out.

First round draft picks should end up as a starter on your team.

I can live with the fact that he had the knee problem and the surgery which affected his ability to compete for the starting wide out position.

But since all that should be behind him this coming season, anything less than seeing his number on the field on a regular basis must be put on the front office.

Frankly, if he isn't used extensively next year, then due to the fact that he was a top pick... I think we can officially consider him to be another first round BUST!

:sad:

Last edited:
So when he's used extensively next year will there be a companion thread about how great a pick he was?

So when he's used extensively next year will there be a companion thread about how great a pick he was?

I'm not saying he won't be a great draft pick.

I'm NOT saying he's a bust right now. I WANT him to be a star with us.

Nowhere in my post did I either say or assume he is a bust, so I will not have to dine on crow.

However, if he doesn't pan out as a starter for our team, that's how the football world will refer to Meachem.

Our scouts and front office must be able to make our first picks count toward building our team for the future, or else we'll just be spinning our wheels as a franchise.

Talent evaluation and coaching is the life blood of all NFL teams.
We need to get it right!

:9:

He is on the team and will remain on the team. My only concern regarding Meechum is that ever since he got his bell rung in the preseason, he has looked apprehensive if not down right scared to go over the middle. Maybe this will change with Brees throwing him the ball, I dunno. Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper will probably not be around very long though.

Olsen was a major injury risk coming out of college (not to say that Meachem hasn't fared better). Also, Olsen wasn't much a blocker as well, which is definitely needed in our offense.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11415

I think Meachem will be the player we are hoping he would be. Even though we had a disappointing season, a healthy Robert Meachem does not make us a playoff caliber team, and if and when he is healthy and starting next year, everyone here will be thanking god that we drafted him

Olsen was a major injury risk coming out of college (not to say that Meachem hasn't fared better). Also, Olsen wasn't much a blocker as well, which is definitely needed in our offense.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11415

I think Meachem will be the player we are hoping he would be. Even though we had a disappointing season, a healthy Robert Meachem does not make us a playoff caliber team, and if and when he is healthy and starting next year, everyone here will be thanking god that we drafted him

I think you are on to something there. I don't blame Meachum at all for this season. I trust the coaching staff when they rave about his work ethic and character as a humble young man a la Colston. Forcing him to play before he is mentally ready would taint him. That is why you barely saw any of Jamarcus Russel. The little of him you did see was a result of the pressures the team was under to play him. He was no where near ready to play mentally becuase he missed the entire preseason where offenses are installed. As said elsewhere, Meachum too missed most of the installment process and the regular season focus is on next weeks opponent, where there is little time for a staff and other players to hold Meachums hand while making up 3 months of critical work. As I said before, I reserve the right to judge him for another year at the least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom