Meachem falling down SD depth chart! (1 Viewer)

Lets have back all the oldies reggi, meach, shockey, ... Nice idea

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

I know you're probably joking and this would never happen, but I actually think this would bring in more success than we think, especially if we could squeeze a year out of a well-rested Shockey as the #2 tight end. He was such an underrated blocker for us.

We won a lot of games with that core group.

ESPN's Bill Williamson suggests the Chargers as a possible fit for free agent Steve Breaston.
Breaston's old coach in Arizona, Ken Whisenhunt, is now the Chargers' offensive coordinator. Their top-three wideouts appear set in Danario Alexander, Malcom Floyd and Vincent Brown, but Breaston could provide quality depth. He's essentially coming off a year off after catching just seven balls in 10 games for the Chiefs.
Related: Chargers
Source: ESPN.com Feb 20 - 8:24 AM

It appears Meach has fallen to at best 4th on the depth chart in SD behind Floyd, Brown, and Alexander and that the Chargers may look at signing Steve Breston according to a Chargers beat writer for ESPN Bill Williamson.

If Meach gets released, what do you think the chances we could get him back in a cheap contract after he had a bad year? And would want him back?

No thanks. Him, Bush, and the rest of our castoffs can go be mediocre elsewhere. We have enough of that here now

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

No thanks. Him, Bush, and the rest of our castoffs can go be mediocre elsewhere. We have enough of that here now

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I would hardly call Bush "mediocre" after leaving here. He's become a very good runner in the past couple of years. It'll never happen, namely because we have enough good backs, but I think he'd offer something to this team.

Could you imagine Bush and Sproles in this offense, on the field together on third down, with Colston, Graham, and Moore? Wow.

He was in UNO's Rec Center on Monday. I asked him jokingly if he wanted to join my flag football team he laughed and said he couldn't cause the league wouldn't let him. DEFINITELY looks as if he put on weight, could've been the way his clothes were fitted but he seemed bigger. Also was wondering why he would be down here during the offseason, family maybe?

He was in UNO's Rec Center on Monday. I asked him jokingly if he wanted to join my flag football team he laughed and said he couldn't cause the league wouldn't let him. DEFINITELY looks as if he put on weight, could've been the way his clothes were fitted but he seemed bigger. Also was wondering why he would be down here during the offseason, family maybe?

His girl is from down here.

10 years from now, people will still be posting "Should we bring in Adrian Arrington?"

As far as the Meachem (alternately spelled "Meechum") question, I doubt he will be cut. IF he does get cut, then I certainly wouldn't be against bringing him into camp at a minimum salary.

As previously mentioned the far most likely scenario is that Joe Morgan is given more playing time and becomes the "deep threat" of the team.

I look for Morgan and Toon to take away the chances of Meach making a comeback here.

Though it is possible Meach can become a camp body here for 3rd-5th WR competition.

1 year at Vet Min with a 1mil roster bonus if he makes it, no more then that.

Ehh, I give him a 40% chance he lands here, hope the best for him though.

I'd actually be ok with bringing Meachem back, in the event that he got cut.

As I was reading the OP I kept thinking, 'don't do it, don't you say it'. Without fail came the 'What do you guys think, should we bring him in?' Offseason on this board is like watching a moth slam into a light bulb again and again.

Danario Alexander.

The player almost no team wanted to keep as even a 6th receiver is now starting over our first round draft pick. I wish that we would've picked Alexander up two years ago instead of sticking with Arrington.

So Meachem goes from 4th receiver on the the Saints to 4th receiver on the Chargers? Heh..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom