Meachem Question (1 Viewer)

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
I fully expect Meachem to break the starting line up this up coming season and be a factor for our offense. I am just curious how everyone else feels.

So I'm not the only one that lays around at night thinking about Meachem? :ezbill:

Seriously though, I watched some more college film on Meachem yesterday and he looked good, so I see no reason why he wont get it done next year.

keep those avatars coming......
Meachem is such a mystery at this point.....when i saw him sprawling on the ground after that hit in the HOF game i have some reservations. I reviewed the hit several times and although it was a good one it was just alittle above average for the NFL. All that being said many of on the board have our hopes up that he is the real deal and we don't have to spend a draft choice on another WR. I was alittle to quick to judge him after the HOF game and i have since reconsidered and am hoping for the best. Being where i am i did'nt have many oppotunities to watch him play but others on this board have convinced me that the man has very good skills and am anxious to see him prove himself. Reading his comments to reporters over last season i think he is ready to do the same....Happy Mardi Gras to everyone...."the weather is here, i wish you we're beautiful"....J.Buffett

He wasn't good enough/smart enough/healthy enough to even dress last year. I always have hope. I'm a Saints fan. But, let's just say I will be happily suprised if he contibutes next year.

I think with a couple of more years to memorize the playbook he could be a good as Devery Henderson.Oh and he has to have a good offseason resting his knee. *sarcasm*

no idea, he has never played a down in the nfl. guessing he has to be better than patten, henderson, cooper, and moore (no offense to patten). we got spoiled by payton's first year run, but the sad fact is we have several positions where it would not be hard to find a different person who could start and play at a MUCH higher level than our current starters. basically, if he is not better than the wr's I just mentioned, he was a terrible first round draft pick and not because we should have went defense.

I think he'll be a starter at least by mid-season.

Ask me again after the first week of TC......right now that question is impossible to answer. Unlike a lot of people here I think it's completely possible he could exit TC the starter opposite Colston.

Ask me again after the first week of TC......right now that question is impossible to answer. Unlike a lot of people here I think it's completely possible he could exit TC the starter opposite Colston.

Agreed, I think he will come out of camp either the #2 or #3 guy (at worst) I fully understand that the knee injury and the coming to camp outa shape may of held back his progression, but I also remeber reading an article that stated he wasnt fully healthy until week 6 or so of the season, its unfortunate he had the injury in camp, but it was also good because it was a pre-existing injury and it probably benefited him in the long run to just get fully healthy, I dont think it means he isnt a good player or wasnt worth the draft choice, I think it just meant that Saints fans were gonna be upset because there (our) first round draft pick wasnt gonna play (which lead to all the Meachem Sucks threads and the "when is Meachem gonna play" threads)

his talent will show this year, he will be worth the wait....wont tear up the league, but will show ability and potential.

The way his situation played out this year, I have a scary feeling he will be on the Cie Grant plan. He has seen he can live a very comfortable life without ever playing a down. His mission was to get a NFL contract not to be a great NFL receiver.

I used to think I was an optimist until I starting reading some of the posts on this board. I'm fascinated by people who have so much faith in a guy WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED A DOWN IN AN NFL GAME! I mean, hey, I hope he turns out to be a stud, but there's no reason to actually believe that will happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom