Meachum 1 of 2 ,1st picks that can start this year Can we bust this thing wide open and dominate (1 Viewer)

I hope he can. If he does what a first round pick should, then the Saints defense will be even scarier than we were in 2006.

I love the optimism.

I want to hear some articles on his development this off-season too. You know, despite our 7-9 record. I have the exact same amount of optimism that I had last year anyone else,?

if anyone should come out with a chip on their shoulder.......

well, him and vilma....could get scary

I'm not quite sure I understand the OP's original point or question, could someone clarify for me?? Thanks.

Meachum, let's just say I'm hopeful but I never really liked the pick in the first place, hopefully he gets healthy gets in shape and works his butt of this year because we're going to need him to take some of those double teams off Colston..

Last edited:
I'm a little worried about a guy that wasn't even allowed in the game being a starter 9 months later. I really hope he can do it, but if he can, why hold him out last season then?

I'm a little worried about a guy that wasn't even allowed in the game being a starter 9 months later. I really hope he can do it, but if he can, why hold him out last season then?

whats the difference to starting as a rookie despite now he knows the playbook ?
neither has the starting experience but meachem could learn from colston and patten one more year

Think about it... last year who would Meachem have replaced? He came in injured, and that slowed his developmen, but who exactly would he had replaced on the active roster? MAYBE Lance Moore... that's it. He wasn't gonna replace Copper because the staff loves his ST work.

I'm glad they let him sit out and get healthy... all the while learning the system so that he can contribute this season.

I think the entire 07 draft class will be ready to contribute this season.

I think the entire 07 draft class will be ready to contribute this season.[/QUOTE said:
Since we got little to nothing from any of them, ANY contributions/development this season would be exponential as we HOPEFULLY add some impact FA's, Vilma and our 08 draft. Get it in gear FO, sign 1-2 impact FA's!

whats the difference to starting as a rookie despite now he knows the playbook ?
neither has the starting experience but meachem could learn from colston and patten one more year

I really don't see what this has to do with what I said....? :dunno:

I'm cool with starting a rookie. What I was saying is that there was something up with him to where he didn't even get into a game last year....so how can he improve from not being allowed in a game, to starter in 9 months?

I don't buy the 'who would he replace' thing, because if he's ready to be a starter, he could've replaced all but Colston. I think he'll be great for us one day...but am not going to get my hopes up on him being the #2 come gametime....in 09.

What intrigues me about Meachem is his YAC. He's a converted running back. It's something he has said he takes pride in, and it might give us another dimension in a second or slot wide receiver.

I really don't see what this has to do with what I said....? :dunno:

I'm cool with starting a rookie. What I was saying is that there was something up with him to where he didn't even get into a game last year....so how can he improve from not being allowed in a game, to starter in 9 months?

I don't buy the 'who would he replace' thing, because if he's ready to be a starter, he could've replaced all but Colston. I think he'll be great for us one day...but am not going to get my hopes up on him being the #2 come gametime....in 09.

Dude, have you been under a rock for the entire season last year?? He had an ankle injury early in the Rookie minicamp, and was also overweight. He played in the HoF game against the Steelers. Later on in Training Camp he hurt his knee, and had to get surgery to drain it. That hindered his develpoment by more than half of the season. They're not going to just throw a rookie out there half way through the season. He was rehabbing his knee, getting in shape, and learning the system. Think of it as redshirting a 1st rd draft pick. The dude is going to be a star. Trust me guys, he will live up to the expectations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom