Meachum 1 of 2 ,1st picks that can start this year Can we bust this thing wide open and dominate (1 Viewer)

Dude, have you been under a rock for the entire season last year?? He had an ankle injury early in the Rookie minicamp, and was also overweight. He played in the HoF game against the Steelers. Later on in Training Camp he hurt his knee, and had to get surgery to drain it. That hindered his develpoment by more than half of the season. They're not going to just throw a rookie out there half way through the season. He was rehabbing his knee, getting in shape, and learning the system. Think of it as redshirting a 1st rd draft pick. The dude is going to be a star. Trust me guys, he will live up to the expectations.

I tend to agree with this. The guy embarassed SEC defenses, including LSU's. You don't go from that to being irrelevant. I think he has a big year.

Think about it... last year who would Meachem have replaced? He came in injured, and that slowed his developmen, but who exactly would he had replaced on the active roster? MAYBE Lance Moore... that's it. He wasn't gonna replace Copper because the staff loves his ST work.

I'm glad they let him sit out and get healthy... all the while learning the system so that he can contribute this season.

I think the entire 07 draft class will be ready to contribute this season.

Good point. This thing should flush out by the middle of training camp. Meach has had plenty of time to soak in the competitiveness of the NFL and should know what it takes to break this thing open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom