"Meanest mom" sells kid's car (1 Viewer)

I just emailed this story to my mom. She insists that she's the meanest mom on the planet.

If I caught my boy with booze in his car, id beat the tar out of him, If I found my boy drinking in the house, id ask for a bit myself. as long as he/she is over 18

You'd beat the tar out of a 19 year old for having a bottle of whatever in his car? Seriously, you've never had booze in your vehicle when you were 19? Who knows, the bottle may have not even been open. If the kid were 16-17 years old and still in high school, I could understand.

If it were me, I'd tell him not to drink and drive and to take the bottle out of his car before he gets pulled over with it.

But really, bottom line is the dude needs to buy his own car so he doesn't have to live by those strict rules for someone who could be a sophomore in college.

Last edited:
You'd beat the tar out of a 19 year old for having a bottle of whatever in his car? Seriously, you've never had booze in your vehicle when you were 19? Who knows, the bottle may have not even been open. If the kid were 16-17 years old and still in high school, I could understand.

If it were me, I'd tell him not to drink and drive and to take the bottle out of his car before he gets pulled over with it.

But really, bottom line is the dude needs to buy his own car so he doesn't have to live by those strict rules for someone who could be a sophomore in college.

Well, "beat the tar" is probably harsh, and I wouldn't physically beat him, I meant it more figuratively speaking. but I would be a little bitter and salty. Its because I have had alcohol in my vehicles when I was that age, and quite a bit younger, that I would be so irate. Alcohol and vehicles should never be mixed. Id wanna know why it was there, why its still there, when and where is it going to be drunk, etc.

Now, if the boy was living elsewhere....well, thats his bid'ness.

but your missing my point here, I dont care if the drink, I where they drink,

Well, I agree about booze and autos not mixing....but it didn't say that he was drinking and driving. I don't know whether or not you drink, but how to you get your alcohol from place to place when you buy it?

He's 19 years old. She needs to lay off of him a little. Now she just seeks attention with the way she went about "punishing" a 19 year old adult. Rules are rules, but c'mon.

She must've been hell to live with growing up.

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't change the fact that he was HIDING IT, because he knew he was breaking a rule. Besides, keeping booze in the car is simply inviting trouble, IMO. If he was hiding it from her in the car, where/when was he planning on drinking it? I'll bet it wasn't at home, which would mean he'd be drinking elsewhere and then driving home under the influence. And as far as being 19, if he's living in her house, if she bought the car for him, if he agreed to those guidelines she set, then he has no excuse for not adhering to those rules. If he didn't like the rules, then he should get a job and get his own place. Her roof, her mortgage, her rules. Plus, do we know what the legal drinking age is where they live? Could be 21....

I think it's a great lesson; if he was caught with liquor and the drinking age is in fact 21, then I imagine the authorities wouldn't be willing to "lay off of him a little".

Last edited:
If he was hiding it from her in the car, where/when was he planning on drinking it? I'll bet it wasn't at home, which would mean he'd be drinking elsewhere and then driving home under the influence.

No, it doesn't. He even said it was for a friend. The mother also said that she believed him. Personally, I don't believe him, but it's not my call. Even if it were for him, he may have drank it someplace and got a ride or stayed where he was overnight.

I think it's a great lesson; if he was caught with liquor and the drinking age is in fact 21, then I imagine the authorities wouldn't be willing to "lay off of him a little".

Then let him suffer the consequences. Let him learn from his mistakes. If he wasn't drinking and driving, then it's a small fine and a class if caught with alcohol (atleast in LA). The "authorities" may have just made him pour out the liqour if he wasn't drinking at the time, which I've seen before myself. Or, they may have givin him a ticket.

Selling the guys car is only setting him back. How is he supposed to get to school, work, etc.? If the mother is having to taxi him around, then I think she's the one being punished.

I just think the woman overreacted and is trying to bring attention to herself with this ad. It worked, and even though she sold the car, she is leaving the add up for even more attention.

I do get what your saying about her roof, her rules, etc. I think she's hurting the guy much more then helping.

I also have a feeling that this didn't even happen, and the woman just did it to get the piece of work car sold and draw attention to herself. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom