Meaningless factoid that probably only interests me (1 Viewer)

I've shook hands and chatted it up with a President (the day before he announced his candidacy) and the Attorney General when he was in office.

Interviewed Jake Delhomme, Brian Mitchell and numerous other ULL athletes when I was a sports writer for the Vermilion. Good times.

John Wilkes Booth assassinated Lincoln in a theatre and hid in a warehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and hid in a theatre
I remember learning that from one of those books I was always buying from those Scholastic Book Club things we'd always get in grade school. From that same book, I also learned about how every president elected every 20 years died in office --- which ended with Reagan who was elected in 1980.

In the John Wilkes Booth meaningless trivia arena, the Booth Theater on Broadway is named after his brother Edwin Booth. Which is the 2nd Booth Theater, the first having been owned by Edwin Booth himself.

lincoln was shot in a theatre named for ford

kennedy was shot in a car named lincoln, manufactured by ford

both were succeeded by vps named johnson

yet there in the shadows of pompey's theatre was gmr, when caesar got his. coincidence?

lincoln was shot in a theatre named for ford

kennedy was shot in a car named lincoln, manufactured by ford

both were succeeded by vps named johnson

yet there in the shadows of pompey's theatre was gmr, when caesar got his. coincidence?
My Johnson is a vip

I remember learning that from one of those books I was always buying from those Scholastic Book Club things we'd always get in grade school. From that same book, I also learned about how every president elected every 20 years died in office --- which ended with Reagan who was elected in 1980.

Thanks for jogging my memory. It was called the curse of Tippecanoe. Reagan didn't die,but did survive an assassintation attempt

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom