Meanwhile Bellicheck has coached up Garoppolo to be 5/7 98 yds, 1 TD with 6 mins to go in 1st qtr (1 Viewer)

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Nothing more to say than a grudging admiration for BB. Am curious to see how arguably a top 5 D in AZ flusters Garoppolo.

He was a second round pick, that arguably could have sneaked into the first, three years ago. Playing competent football should be expected.

He came back to reality in the 2nd quarter. It's a 10-7 defensive game at this point.

17-7 with another start of QTR well engineered drive

I'm so jealous of the Patriots. They have a coaching staff that just knows how to win. They have amazing depth. It doesn't matter who doesn't play, their replacements can play well enough to not be a liability.

I'm so jealous of the Patriots. They have a coaching staff that just knows how to win. They have amazing depth. It doesn't matter who doesn't play, their replacements can play well enough to not be a liability.
Its the patriots way

He was a second round pick, that arguably could have sneaked into the first, three years ago. Playing competent football should be expected.

Yet I hear people around here toot how draft position is meaningless/doesn't matter?

So why should that second round status mean anything, then?

Payton is not a defensive coach

Yet I hear people around here toot how draft position is meaningless/doesn't matter?

So why should that second round status mean anything, then?
A higher round selection is typically more talented and possess a higher skill level coming into the league than a lower round pick. They are expected to be the better player more often than not, and will get more opportunities than a lower pedigreed player.

By year three or four, you have a reasonable idea as to how well their game has translated to the league. Sometimes you get a late bloomer (Justin Forsett) or a better fit (John Abraham), but more often than not you know before year five what you have in a player.

I'm not sure what the question was I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom