N/S Meanwhile Falcons fans are losing their minds! (1 Viewer)

This is a tidbit from a GB forum before the game started:
"The last time the Packers faced a Saints team that didn't have Drew Brees the score was:

Packers 52
Saints 3

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'."

And today's game had a net points reversal of 84 points in the wrong direction for them lol.

they should have drafted justin fields.. the kid is from georgia and they would sold a sheet ton of tickets

They literally couldn't care less how the team does. Getting advertising space like that in the lucrative Atlanta market is a wet dream for a corporation. All they need to do is avoid the Falcons goin 0-17 every season for like a decade straight forcing them to move.

I watched that game too. Fletcher Cox went crazy on the Falcons o-line.

Is Bobby Petrino available?
I’m sure he can clear his schedule for 3 months then take December off :hihi:
They did win a lot under him but it was almost never against the Saints. We were probably the biggest factor in running him off.
Facts. The hilarious thing is he had a 3-9 record against the Saints, including getting swept 3 times in 5 seasons, then they FINALLY sweep us in 2014... and they fire him. LOOOOOOL.

You literally couldn’t write a more hilarious ending than that if you tried. 😂

Did anyone happen to see the Falcon fan in the #12 jersey at the Saints/Packers game, after the game was over? He must have been there to watch a real team.

Me: I'm not sure I would draft a Tight End #4 overall.

Today: proving why literally nobody else has ever drafted a Tight End #4 overall.

LOL, that’s what I was thinking when saw them select a TE in the draft I was like who does that at #4 overall.

The fact that they think they can eek out 5-6 wins is hilarious.
I do see them getting better by game 4-5 though. This is what happens when you sit your starters during camp/preseason and bring a head coach in that runs a run first offense and tell him to call pass plays all game.

I do know that feeling so I'd like to say I feel bad for them ...

... but I'm not a good person.
It reminds me of the pre 1988 games. I used to watch Atlanta always seem to get the best of the Saints. Despite Archie Manning.

Now it is the Falcons turn. But the goonews for them is, they are not as bad as the Saints were. Things could have been much worse. They didn’t go 4-12. Wait, I mean they could have been 0-16.

they did go to the Super Bowl. They do not have a lack of talent. They need decent leadership and they especially need a decent fan base.

Actually, after perusing the Packers forum, they didn't make much of a stink about that roughing the passer penalty, just a couple comments. Mostly they are owning the failure and some are giving props to Sean and Jameis. Pretty much all of them are saying the Saints were ready to play and had the better team on the field.
Aside from the airhead that posted pre game for about a week, I have always respected Packer fans. They are overall knowledgeable about the game and give credit or criticism where deserved. Class organization!

I feel completely indifferent to towards the Falcons. It's a shame too - because there was a time when playing them always got me amped up. But it's been a while - and honestly, not just because the Falcons have struggled the past few years. I feel indifferent because nothing about the Falcons or the way they play or their fans or roster makes me feel anything but indifferent. It's just another team to me.

I guess I've shifted my "rivalry" angst to teams more logically in the path of the Saints in the NFC. Teams like the Bucs and Niners and Packers give me more of a rivalry feeling than the Falcons do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom