Meanwhile Falcons message board (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<article>
I keep hearing ATL fans saying that they are best team in the NFL and will put teams on notice next season.

The best team in the NFL was 7-5 last year with 4 weeks left in the season with a schedule with only 4 teams with Winning records(Went 2-2) . IN THOSE LAST 4 GAMES to finish off 11-5.

LOS ANGELES RAMS
SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Then, they got a cakewalk playoff with the always fraudulent Packers and a injury riddle Seahawks. ALL OF THIS.. ATL was super lucky to not get hit with the injury bug. They picked up a ****** drunk OC. And they expect to run the house in 2017.

Superbowl Hangover gonna be so real.
</article>

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It was fun Sunday night and Monday, but I am getting burn out with anything about Atlanta now.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fortunately spring training is just around the corner...they have a last place baseball team to take their mind off of football.

4EveraSaint

The Saints Are Here!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Same here. I had even gotten a few positive reps for my picture with Robert Alford. He's a friend from SLU. I was still in the minus reps though. Lol.

Attachments

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
But I didn't even do anything wrong :hihi:
Did you post anything?

I spent some lunchtime lurking.....and it was glorious.

I don't know what was more fun, the shock or the denial.

There was both short-term denial (the game was fixed) and long-term denial (we have a young team, we'll learn from this, we'll only get better, we'll be right back in it next year).

A veritable smorgasbord of fun.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Screw 'em. I'm done fearing other teams. This league will fear us from now on. It took a 1-on-100 series of events to cost us the SB; they won't let it happen again.

The Patriots' sun is setting, and our time is here. We're the flagship NFL franchise in the South, and we're now so bored with dominating college football every year we might as well take over the pros.

Bring it on
In their thread about playing the Pats on Opening Night. LOLOL.

InThatNumber

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was lurking over there a few minutes ago. There are at least three threads claiming the game was fixed, including on by a "statistician" who goes through a lengthy explanation how it is statistically impossible for the Falcons to have blown the lead they had. I love the logic: "Either we are a historically bad choking team, or the game was fixed. There's no way anybody could ever choke as bad as we did. Therefore the game was fixed."

I'll see if I can copy/paste... it was an entertaining read.

I can copy/paste! For those that are blocked:

First of all this game was a Fix like all the other SBs before it, too much on the line for one game, and the NFL makes sure they get the best outcome every year for their product and pockets.

This year they needed a nail biter, and dialed-up a computer scripted game that fit the billing. The Falcons (newbies) built up the biggest and most insurmountable lead in NFL SB history, only to have the true champions and the Brady (Michael Jordan of the NFL) come back in overtime to pull-out the most improbable win. The country could sleep sound that night knowing they had a true living/breathing star to look-up to. If you would have said what the NFL needed before this game, you would have said this game's outcome. Never mind the sacrificial Atlanta Falcons and fans and their ultimate humiliation, they will all be back next year, this has been a good year for their team!

Just wanted to point out some statistical anomalies that do not make sense:

Number of flags thrown after the Falcons had stopped the Patriots on consecutive downs in the 3rd Quarter - Odds: Millions to 1
(Same thing happened when Carolina was trying to stay undefeated in Atlanta. Three consecutive and bizarre penalties were called to stop the clock)

Odd play calling behavior on two consecutive drives by the Falcons, when they chose to pass when comfortably in field goal range. A field goal would have won the game. Maybe being aggressive once, but having not learned your lesson twice in a row? Then having the exact same things happening to take you out of field goal range twice in a row. Odds: Thousands to 1 (This same odd behavior occurred in SB 49, when Seattle had 3-downs on the 2-yard line, to kill the clock and utilize one of the hottest goal-line RBs in the NFL that year. Carroll even made a tweet to Shanahan that he should have called a running plays...how cute!)
The Falcons literally throwing away their time-outs throughout the 2nd half, preventing them from getting into field goal range at the end of the game: Odds: Thousands to 1
Number of critical drive-ending and drive-sustaining penalties called against the Falcons vs the Patriots in the 2nd Half. Odds: Millions to 1
A team making a comeback that has never happened before in SB history, with just the right amount of time left to pull it off. The loosing team getting all their points first (-3), then the winning team getting all their points to end the game. Odds: Thousands to 1
Folks, I am here to tell you we were all made fools out of. Other deserved teams have had SB victories taken away from them, but they made literal fools out of all Falcon fans and their team in this one. You multiply together all the improbabilities listed above, and the mathematical probabilities provide a definitive conclusion: GAME FIXED!!!

I am a statistician and have known this about the games for some time, but this one was done in such a distasteful way to all Falcons Fans. Will be selling my PSLs. They have literally sacrificed all Falcon Fans for the rest of the country and NFL beneficiaries. For this to be pulled-off, selected players/coaches had to be involved on both sides, and of course the selected officials, announcers, producers, etc. Will not waste my time on how people are kept quiet, that should be self-evident. The mobsters would keep you quiet too! Falcons Fans, we are the NFL chumps of all-time, they have messed with us big time, not the players, coaches, or owners, but us the Fans!

This post will be taken down in short order, you can trust me on that too.

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team & Host of Fleurs Truly
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was lurking over there a few minutes ago. There are at least three threads claiming the game was fixed, including on by a "statistician" who goes through a lengthy explanation how it is statistically impossible for the Falcons to have blown the lead they had. I love the logic: "Either we are a historically bad choking team, or the game was fixed. There's no way anybody could ever choke as bad as we did. Therefore the game was fixed."

I'll see if I can copy/paste... it was an entertaining read.

I can copy/paste! For those that are blocked:

Well,

Attachments

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I think it's awesome that the Pats ultimately won the Super Bowl without ever having a lead in the game.

Suck it, falcons.

mtq79

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Here's another beauty from their boards... ha ha ha

jlrfalcon

Posted <time datetime="2017-02-07T20:02:14Z" title="02/07/2017 03:02 PM" data-short="50 min">50 minutes ago</time>
Part of the post-traumatic experience is bargaining which includes thoughts of conspiracy. Just like the NBA with personal fouls or MLB with balls/strikes, a referee could probably call a penalty on every single play if desired. As a result, there is no question that games could be easily guided by penalties, ball spots, etc.
This Superbowl has been a hard one to recover from because its outcome seems to make no sense at all:
1) How could a team possibly blow a 25 point lead with just over a quarter to go?
2) How could one team get more than twice as many snaps as the other and not possibly win?
3) How could we have we went 50 bowls without an OT and just conveniently have one this year?
4) How could an OC be so stupid or even arrogant to risk a sure win for maybe 4 additional points?
5) How could Shanahan think a few more points possibly help a contract as San Francisco be any better?
6) How could we have went 50 bowls without a comeback greater than 10 points and suddenly have one with a 25 point comeback?
7) How is it that the over under line for this bowl have stayed right around 60 all week and then conveniently end up with 62 points?
8) How is it that Coleman suddenly went down with a major injury and now be talked about as walking almost perfectly fine?
9) How is it that Schraeder went out with first talk of torn ligaments and now not even requiring surgery?
10) How could Freeman just absolutely blow such an obvious block on a play where Ryan has zero attention to his backside?
11) How could Gostkowski blow an extra point that conveniently allowed for a perfect tie at the end of regulation?
12) How could the booth not review the final play of the game and not see that the runners knee was clearly down?
13) How could the Falcons not do a single thing on defense to adapt to White as Brady's primary target?
14) How could we only rush the ball a few times in the second half after doing so well with the run early in the game?
15) How could we snap the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock when we are clearly trying to burn it before Brady got another snap?
16) How could Matthews be called for a hold suddenly when we are in FG range especially as much as both teams were holding?
17) How could the NFL allow Brady to lose the game and ruin his image?
18) How possible is it that the images of Amendola's catch were doctored to prevent the football from showing it hit the ground?
19) How convenient is it that we waste our time outs on reviewing this catch and then on a faulty helmet speaker?
20) How could Quinn possibly not show any authority over his OC if he was indeed being too arrogant in the playcalling?
21) How is it that ESPN had its report card on the Falcons posted within 15 minutes of the end of the game when the game could have gone either way?
22) How is it that ESPN does not even question a single penalty or non-penalty involving the Patriots in its analysis of the officiating?
23) How important it was that this game be tight so as to keep viewership throughout and to encourage future viewing?
24) How much additional ad revenue did Fox get from the extra minutes in the game?
25) How could San Francisco not be having second thoughts about Shanahan after such a stupid series of playcalling?
26) How convenient was it that Shanahan was the hottest HC candidate after really only 1 year of success?
27) How similar is this to last year where Manning had an almost perfect farewell tour and retired as a Superbowl winner?
28) How similar is this to a couple of years ago where the Patriots won because of a really lucky interception on an unneeded pass play?
29) How could Fox post that NE wins Superbowl with TD when they still had a way to go?
30) How could I have watched this team play so well all season and then look like jello in the final quarter of this game?

The main arguments I hear against this conspiracy theory is that there is no way so many people could keep this shut up (but really how many people would it have taken?), that Goodell really did not want this outcome (but who really cares about him?), and that Brady is just so good that we should have expected it (but how much of this was luck-Amendola's catch should have been an interception-not greatness).
I challenge those that went past the bargaining phase to really post true arguments (not just calling me the idiot) against my questions.
the absurdity of it all...

OP
RaginSaint93

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Did you post anything?
I wished I did but not a member of the forums. I think the site went down for a little maintenance, I just lurk there from time to time for the lols.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom